Carnival Legend Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Now I need a Vacation

Sail Date: April 01, 2008

I booked this cruise for to my daughter and I in celebration of her 16th birthday. We were both first-timers.
Perhaps the most pleasant surprise was finding that Carnival had upgraded our oceanview to a balcony. Thanks Carnival, good on ya!

My daughter almost immediately ditched me for the teen activities. Well, that's what we teach them to do, right? We dined together and dressed for both formals. She looked radiant in her gown. I couldn't have been prouder.

The diving in Cayman was good, except we went down to 112 on an 80 foot dive. "The Wall" drops off to 8000 feet. I caught us and redirected us to the surface - hoping the divemaster didn't notice. They did. We got an upbraiding back on deck and were thereafter referred to as the "hotdogs." Oops.

On Cozumel I further ignored the cruise director's warnings and rented a scooter - on which we circled Cozumel, exploring Mayan ruins and the magical and amazing beaches of the Island's East side.

Cave tubing in Belize with Major Tom's posse was terrific fun. The guys do a great job. VERY colorful personalities. I lost my headlamp in the cave - and they just told me to keep it on the DL and they wouldn't charge me. Thanks, guys.

Diving Roatan was by far the most pristine and exotic I've seen. We had a boatload of us former military Special Ops types, all of whom had served in Honduras in the 80s and 90s. It was like a reunion.

I did not partake of the Legend's varied nightlife and entertainment. I don't frequent discos on land, and was not tempted to at sea. We late dined (8:15pm), and the shore excursions usually left me wiped out anyways.

My daughter partied well into each night, though I trust her good judgement. I wasn't even concerned when I heard security pinched two 16 year old girls for robbing the duty-free stores of tequila.

For us unfortunates who have to work on the fly, I truly wish Carnival would offer wifi at less usurious rates - but thanks again for the balcony.

Pros: Gay friendly... only I'm not gay

Cons: Carnival definition of classical music: "Beauty and the Beast"

Recommends Carnival Legend? Yes!