Carnival Legend Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A Really Great Cruise

Sail Date: July 22, 2007

This was my second time on Carnival Legend, so I expected to have a wonderful, relaxing trip and it was everything I remembered and even more. It was helpful to already know the layout of the ship and be able to find things easily. The food was suberb and the waitstaff went above and beyond to make sure the dining experience was exceptional. The ship was clean and the room steward diligent in keeping my cabin shipshape. I especially enjoyed before dinner drinks in the lounges and after dinner music in Satchmo's club featuring a truly talented rock band. Everybody was very friendly and I enjoyed chatting with some of the servers and learning more about their backgrounds and experiences.

Pros: The ports of call, excursions and most of all the crew and staff

Cons: Two of the onboard shows were not very entertaining

Recommends Carnival Legend? Yes!

The only way to describe the food is: "Amazing". I very much enjoyed the galley tour to see how such quantities and quality of food was prepared. Everything served was fresh and of the finest quality. The variety of food available was beyond belief - I know I ate way too much, but it was so good and so appealing.
The stateroom was of an adequate size for myself and a traveling companion. The bed was very comfortable and I felt as if I were truly in a floating 4-star hotel.
The dancers and singers did a great job and I really enjoyed most of the shows, but some of their offerings were just not quite "there" - I felt it was more a matter of the material presented than lack of talent of the performers. The comedians were very funny and I really enjoyed the Karoake presentation of the final night.
The staff was the best - always willing to pamper and serve to whatever degree you wished. I especially enjoyed talking with one of the waitresses in the Odessey bar and found myself trying a couple of drinks which were new to me on her recommendation and liking them very much.
My head waiter and his helper were friendly and accommodating and had great personalities - I felt like I was leaving two new friends at the end of the cruise.
Belize City, Belize
I took a tour of Belize City and it was interesting, but if I went again, I would go to the rain forest and try to see more of the countryside. Maybe take a chance on cave tubing or some other more challenging activity. The guide, however, was very knowledgeable and I was extremely interested in learning about the political and cultural background of the former British Honduras.
I went to see the Mayan ruins and got a vivid picture of their customs and culture. It was a great learning experience.
Don't Miss: Mayan ruins
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
I didn't spend much time here or go on any shore excursions. The shopping was wonderful and I was able to purchase here many of the items I was hoping to find, especially the jewelry. The little souveneir shops with many native handicrafts were hard to resist as well.
George Town, Grand Cayman
The sting rays are a must. It was a truly unique experience to be in the water with them.
Don't Miss: sting rays.