Carnival Legend Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Legend Review

Sail Date: July 22, 2007

The ship was Beautiful, always kept clean and the staff was always more that willing to help whenever needed.

Recommends Carnival Legend? Yes!

I really liked the layout of the ship and the decor. It was always kept clean and you would often see employees cleaning. The public areas were never overly crowded even though it was a sold out cruise.
The food was great. There was only one evening in which I wasn't impressed with the food. The 24 hour pizzaria always had fresh pizza and calzones. The buffet was wonderful and always had a wide variety. Dinners in the dining room were always great. And, you MUST try the warm chocolate melting cake. It truly is 'to die for'! Yum!!!
Our steward always kept our room picked up and the towel animals are a wonderful and pleasant surprise each evening!
Always helpful, always informative and I enjoyed the fact that they were from all over the world. It made our cruise that much more enjoyable getting to know many of the staff.
The entertainment was great. We only went to two shows, the Blues Brothers Rendition and the Legends show. They were both excellent. The comedian was ok. Most that I spoke with really loved him, but I thought he was just ok. I laughed but not as much as others. The entertainment at the pools during the day was wonderful and all of the musicians were wonderful. Kareoke with Sonya was a lot of fun!!!
We decided to book the Fiesta Party boat through Carnival. This was the only excursion we booked through Carnival. And, honestly, I wish we wouldnt have. The people who ran the party boat really tried to make it fun, but there were no more than 15-20 people total on this boat that has three decks and a capacity for about 300. The boat took us over to Playa Mia Resort and it would have been a great time there had it not stormed almost the whole time. Playa Mia had snorkeling, a water trampoline as well as a land trampoline, beach massages and chairs as well as a pool. But, most were not able to be used due to the weather. It cleared up about 20 minutes prior to us needing to return to the party boat. So, I did get in a little snorkeling. It was pretty good. Once we returned to the pier, we spent the rest of the afternoon at Senior Frogs . It's just a short stagger back to the ship.
Don't Miss: Playa Mia
Belize City, Belize
We booked a Zipline (Aerial Trek) and Cave Tubing tour with Nacho! ) I cant say enough how wonderful this tour was!! I learned so much about this country that I absolutely fell in love with it! I wish I had more room to write my review here, there just isn't enough space to include everything I want to say about this port and this excursion.
Don't Miss: Zip Line and Aerial Trek in the Rain Forest!!!
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
Regarding the parasailing: It was windy when we first arrived, but as the day went on, the wind wasnt quite as rough. I went out and did a little snorkeling here while waiting. We were then taken to the boat that does the actual parasailing. Everyone was very nice and made sure we were having a good time. We got on the boat and headed out to the water. The ocean was very choppy that day and if you dont normally get sea sick (which I dont) you might on this. You take off and land on the boat for this parasailing adventure. There were only three on the boat to go on this one. I went up first and I absolutely LOVED it. It was so beautiful and majestic just riding the air. It wasnt bumpy or scary for me at all. My daughter thought it was OKbut, said she probably wouldnt do it again. After this, we returned to the ship as we were less than thrilled with this port. It's designed specifically for cruise ships. Not really a town or city, just a little fishing village.
George Town, Grand Cayman
We went with a wave runner tour (not offered as a ship excursion, but private). The tour started out at the Grand Caymanian Resort. We took the tender to shore and asked for a taxi to take us to this resort. It was $7 /pp since we were going a little out of their way and not to 7 mile beach. It is a little bit further than that ride and it was reasonable. We had a little time before the tour, so we just laid out by the beach. They had hammocks and different beach chairs to use, or their was a pool. The tour guides were excellent. Let me tell you, I HAD A BLAST!!! Im an adrenaline junkie anyway, so this definitely satisfied my urge. There were a total of about 9 of us. We took the waverunners to stingray sandbar and then over to Rum Point Beach. Our tour guides gave a little history on the stingrays, what they like to eat, how long they live, mating, etc. were given quite a bit of information, along with some GREAT stories! I also enjoyed Rum Point Beach!!
Don't Miss: Stingray Sandbar