Carnival Legend Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A great time for a first cruise

Sail Date: May 20, 2007

The decor is very tact-tastic but it grows on you and you find you miss it:) The staff were nice and personable. The room was nice and pretty big. Food was good in my opinion. This was my first cruise and I really enjoyed it, I want to go on more cruises now. This is a great boat and cruise line if for starting cruises and having a good time pretty appropriate for my age and desires on the cruise. I have heard that other carnival cruises are more young people and parties, this particular time crusing was not the case but still a lot of fun.

Pros: I loved the ports of call and the crew and staff, also a lot of fun activities and shows

Cons: Sometimes there was too much down time between activites when you have nothing to do, just a downside about this particular cruise was that there were not many young single people, lots of couples and newlyweds but oh well

Recommends Carnival Legend? Yes!

The over the top decor grows on you:)
I thought the food was good and a good variety. Though the whole experience can be changed by the wait staff you have so it may depend.
Always upbeat and nice and personable. Make friends and you will have a great time with them.
It was great for a room with three girls and three suitcases all getting ready. Always clean and nice, good location and we even had the obstructed view of a lifeboat but we knew that coming in to it.
Loved most of the activites and the shows. My only request was that they add more, sometimes there would be too much downtime between activities.
I actually really liked it, aside from the drinking fun, there was good shopping and the beaches were very nice, we took a cab to a beach called Mr. Sancho's it had food, bar, shops, actvites and best of all was free!
Don't Miss: At least walk by Carlos n Charlies its fun
Belize City, Belize
The city itself is poor and underdevelpoed, we spent the whole time on a trip to a large Mayan ruin site and that was AMAZING! so I would definitely do that.
Don't Miss: Xunantunich Mayan ruins
George Town, Grand Cayman
I really didn't plan any sort of excursion or anything which i shoudl have. I hear the stingray tours and snorkeling is best. Good for shopping for diamonds and stones at cheaper prices otherwise just cheesy souveniers shopping the place was kind of dead the day we were there, no one out.
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
So beautiful. This is a place that is really just beaches and jungle so a beach is the bst bet, not too much in the way of shopping.