Carnival Legend Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Legend Thanksgiving Cruise

Sail Date: November 01, 2006

As I said above, I personally don't think you can have a bad cruise. We were a group of 21 people, who ranged in age from 14 to as old as 74. The median age was in the mid 30's as we had 11 people in the range of 20 -26 yrs of age. I think the average age on the ship had to be in the upper 50's to mid 60's. Very different from the 5 other Carnival cruises I've been on.
The ship itself was a good ship, and would go on it again with a different time frame and itinerary. We had cabins at the rear of the ship on the Verandah deck, which made navigation very easy.
I was not very impressed with the show productions. I felt the shows lacked pizazz, and the foursome of singers left a lot to be desired.
I felt the selection of foods in the main dining room was very good, but the quality of the foods was not good. Many nights I received food that was over cooked, primarily the chicken. I had a perch that I thought was excellent, and of course the lobster tail/s were very good. I thought our servers did as good as they could do with a group of our size. The negative was that we were always one of the last tables left at the end of dinner, and we received a lecture from the main server when one person in our group was overheard commenting on the fact. I do not envy their position.

Pros: Simply being on a cruise is pleasurable enough for me

Cons: Ship was not as lively as all the other Carnival cruises I've been on

Recommends Carnival Legend? Yes!

Probably the worst part of the trip was the lack of activities for the 11-17 group, whcih we did have members of. A program for teenagers was advertised but when my daughter and my wife arrived there, no Carnival person was in the room and one never arrived. The kids were left to do their own meet and greet, which went fine and they had a good time as a group. I can not speak for the camp Carnival activities, although I did not see the younger kids about the ship as I have on other cruises. As mentioned earlier, this was an older crowd.
See above comment about food quality, service, and selection.
I did not encounter any unfriendly staff members, and have no reason to say they were better than any other staff. If I needed something at the pursers desk, I was dealt with professionally, as well as staff in the casino and at the various bars.
As mentioned talent on the ship was not the top shelf I've seen on other cruises. I was not impressed with the cruise director. The comedian was good, and the Karoke lounge was fun.
As i mentioned,our location on the ship aided in the navigaation process. I thought the Legend was not a whole lot different layout than other ships I've sailed.
Very happy with the stateroom we had, cabin7258, extended balcony. I could not reasonably suggest anything to improve on what I feel is already very good.