Great cruise with 5 adult family members

Carnival Legend Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Sail Date: May 01, 2006
Ship: Carnival Legend
I couldn't have asked for a better vacation. It was exciting from the start because 5 out of 6 of us had never cruised. My family members were in amazement from the time we stepped on the ship until debarkation time. The size of the ship, decor, entertainment options, rooms/balconies, amenities, state-of-the art gym, choices for being alone or in a crowd, dining choices were all above anything we could have expected or imagined. I also like the Sail and Sign set-up. You were able to keep track of your spending and I'll have a good idea of how much money to take next time! Dining options couldn't have been better. Soundproofness was great. The only thing we ever heard was moving furniture in the early morning? as we were right under the Unicorn Cafe. My sister didn't hear it but I'm a relatively light sleeper so I heard it most mornings. I found it hard to stay awake for the shows, but with the second seating ending between 9:30 PM and 10:00 PM, it seems that it wouldn't be feasible to start the show earlier.

My only suggestion would have been a basic "can't-go-wrong" for the Dining Room dinner selection. Sometimes you just aren't in the mood to experiment or have all "fancy" options, but would rather have a good old hamburger. With that said, I'm sure if I had asked for a hamburger, they would have brought it to me, as someone at the table across from us did just that - it just wasn't listed as an option! The only other thing that could be improved was the Grand Gala midnight buffet. The line was extremely long and I was at the end of it. When I got to the food, there were little options left, including dessert. Before traveling, I was under the assumption that all beverages had to be purchased. There was an abundance of fruit juices to select from so purchasing soda is not necessary.

There was usually something to do if you wanted to be doing something aside from relaxing and lounging, oh, and eating!

Maybe we lucked out but our room steward/staff and our dining room team were excellent, as were all of the other crew members we came in contact with. And, it wasn't as though people were being nice and friendly because they had to be. It came across as genuine.

There is absolutely nothing that I can complain about. Cleanliness is my pet peeve - I was left speechless!

Next time I'll know to pack less. With the abundance of fresh towels, the soft robe for use, the large, soft bathing towel and the supply of toiletries, I could have taken one less piece of luggage! The beds were amazingly comfortable. All 6 of our family members agreed. The laundry room was very convenient and the iron/ironing board was a plus.
This was my second time to Road Town. I could vacation here every year. The laid-back, calm atmosphere was awesome.
Don't Miss: Cane Garden Bay Beach - from someone who's not a "beach person"
I was very comfortable in purchasing a tour for $20 at the port after getting of the ship, as opposed to the ship tour prices of $40 pp and up. It was a reputable company that we purchased with. Our driver was courteous, flexible, accommodating and gave a good history of San Juan. Great bargain!
Don't Miss: I just loved seeing the town of San Juan.
You get a real feel for the culture. Don't think that all of those Cab drivers are struggling - do the math!
Don't Miss: Coki Beach

Pros: Cleanliness of the ship and friendliness of crew

Cons: Debarkation