My First Cruise

Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Mexico

Cruises: 1 cruise (first)

Overall rating:

Carnival Inspiration

4 Night Baja Mexico With Carnival Live (Los Angeles Roundtrip)

Sail date: November 10, 2014

Ship: Carnival Inspiration

Cabin type: Inside

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

I would highly recommend this cruise to any "first time" cruisers who want to get their feet wet and see if cruising is for them. 4 days will let you know. As for me, it made me a hooked cruiser planning more cruises for the future. Once you've done a 4 day cruise, 7 days is even better. You'll be surprised at just how fast time flies by when you're having such a wonderful time.

Embarkation

Smooth and easy.

Ship experiences

I was very satisfied with the food and drinks available. I feel like there is something for everyone and every taste.

Unless you want to be a "lounge chair hog" it''s nearly impossible to get a lounge chair on board. People are just so inconsiderate of others. That being said, Thankfully there are many other ways to enjoy your time onboard. Great shows and entertainment.

The on board entertainment was the best part of the cruise for me. Comparable to any Las Vegas shows as far as I''m concerned.

The on board staff were all friendly, polite and very attentive. You couldn''t wish for better service.

The Carnival Inspiration is one of their smaller ships but being my first cruise, it still seemed huge to me. But it delivered big on food and entertainment.

We had an "ocean view" cabin. It was clean and functional and we were very satisfied. However, In the future I will book either and inside cabin or a balcony cabin. I feel like the "ocen view" cabin is just a waste of money.

Ship tip

There is only one electrical outlet per cabin, so you should bring a small multi port outlet to manage your device charging needs.

Ports of call

Long Beach (Los Angeles), California

Catalina Island, California

Ensenada, Mexico

It was just okay....We enjoyed souviner shopping.

Disembarkation

It was just terrible.....They made us get off the ship...LoL.