Great weekend getaway

Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Mexico

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Inspiration

3 Night Baja Mexico (Los Angeles Roundtrip)

Sail date: March 15, 2019

Ship: Carnival Inspiration

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: M140

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

This was a weekend getaway cruise with another couple, we wanted to enjoy St Patricks Day on the ship. Not many themed items on the cruise, there was a pub crawl (but lets be honest I had already been to every bar :) ). This is always an easy and inexpensive way to get away on a 3 day weekend trip. We have done this cruise a few times with and without kids, and ALWAYS have a great time!! Until next time Inspiration....

Embarkation

Such a breeze getting on the ship. The Carnival terminal has made many updates and makes it so simple to check in and has your keys ready for you at your room. We parked at 12:50 and we were on the ship by 1:15 with keys in hand!!

Ship experiences

This ship is always crowded since it is an easy weekend getaway, so be patient as you will have to sometimes wait for a table at dinner. I think the at sea day was the longest wait of 15 minutes. The breakfast in the dining room on the at sea day was an immediate walk in. If you havent tried the Sangria Swirl which is ONLY available at the Serenity Bar, please do!!

Alchemy Bar

The Alchemy Bar is one of my favorite spots on any Carnival ship. The Cucumber Sunrise is my favorite and SOOO refreshing!! The two guys in my group would get a "specialty" drink made (even more special than normal for this bar) due to wanting a different taste/flavor to the normal menu. Atilla was GREAT and knew our drinks when we walked up.

The pool is always a great location. They are constantly keeping the area clean and always great music. The Serenity Spas are perfect for leaving port in Ensenada and watching the ship sail away.

Serenity

The Serenity bar servers were great and super friendly. As mentioned earlier, the Sangria Swirl is one of my FAVORITE carnival hidden gems only available at this bar. I love sitting in the spas here as it is adult only and watching the ocean so close is amazing. The servers in this area were few and far between, but the bar is right upstairs so it wasnt too inconvenient.

These guys work so hard!! We saw one show, which for the 3 day booze-cruise, they perform their hearts out even though the crowd is small. I also REALLY enjoyed the sing along in the Piano bar. Martin was fantastic and has such an eclectic talent for all the songs. He will go from My Girl to Sweet Child o'mine! Loved him!!

Waiters were great, the pool service was always friendly and made sure you were doing great. Our room steward always came during the day (since our room was cleaned), but I only saw him that first day before dinner. So I figured he was just a phantom.

A typical inside room, but we had a connecting door with M144 which was great since we were cruising with them. No problems in either one of our rooms.

Ports of call

Ensenada, Mexico

I always love going to Ensenada, this time we had a family friend take us into wine country to drive around and check out some smaller Wineries and then headed in to hit up three local Breweries!

Disembarkation

Simple and quick. We were off the ship within 15 - 20 minutes of leaving our room.

Traveler Photos