Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Mexico

Terrible Rooming

Sail Date: September 12, 2016

I knew when we booked we were booking a very inexpensive room. However it gave me the option to have a KINg size bed. And I knew it'd be tight, but the website made it seem that I'd get a king size bed. But we received no such thing. When we arrived to our room with our bags we were shocked to have 2 twin size beds instead of the king that we'd requested. This was our honeymoon trip. So we went immediately to guest services standing in line with so many other unhappy customers and travelers. Guest Services promised us that they would fix it and make our bed a King as soon as they'd departed and finished the safety briefing. 4 hours later they said. So we trusted that and figured it would be the end of it. Then after returning to our room much later. It was then 10pm. Our bedroom looked the exact same as when we'd left it.  They did the courtesy to make the beds and place a cute puppy shaped towel on the bed. Frustrated i went again to guest services, and they apologized and said they'd send someone right away. We waited another hour. Now 11pm and I called this time to guest services and they told me that it would have to be taken care of the following morning. I demanded to speak to management and they told me i could speak to them at 9am the next morning. I'm a very tall man, and I do not fit in a twin size kiddy bed. I slept maybe 3 hours and tossed and turned all night. I left my room at 5am because I could not sleep and went again to guest services. I met with a security guard and explained to him I needed a manager. He brought the Housekeeping manager and he was very polite. He was very understanding and went with me to my room. He wanted to see it and what he could do. He saw it, saw that my wife and i were very upset, and promised us that at 9am he'd send someone to fix it to make it into a twin. Then I'd thought we'd solved the problem altogether. So at 9am we called and they promised they'd send someone to fix it. My wife and I went to breakfast and saw some of the shows. We came back around 2pm back to our room, nothing had been done. They'd cleaned our room, made the twin size bed again, and given us more fresh towels. But the bedding situation was the exact same.

I'm very upset, being told 4 different times they would fix it, when they never did. I went back and threw a fit with guest services. Saying "you've promised me 4 times that you were going to fix this," then someone finally explained to me that the layout of the room is not capable of housing a king size bed. So i explained i'd ordered a king, and paid for a king, and i'm on my honeymoon and my wife and i wanted to be together not confined to our own twin size bed. It made me wish I was at home in my own king size bed, this was supposed to be a vacation and a time for good memories and grand times to grow closer together. But it caused a lot of frustration. So day 3 of the cruise now they put us in a bigger room to consolidate and we had  a king size bed. But i'm just so upset that i paid for a king size up front and then for half of our trip we were confined to awful sleeping quarters and twin size beds, ON OUR HONEYMOON! Not my most memorable trip.

Wanted and paid for a king size bed, got two twins for OUR HONEYMOON