Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Mexico

Everything was just mediocre

Sail Date: August 01, 2016

SadHaving been on many different cruise lines in the past including carnival, I was a bit disappointed in the quality of  service provided . Maybe it's partly due to many factors including the fact that tips are now mandatory and I get the feeling the employees don't really feel the need to work very hard for heir tips anymore.  Service in the dining room was Verrry slow. We had late dining at 8:15 , but most nights, food wouldn't even arrive until after 9:30. The food in the anytime dining areas could be described as cafeteria quality. As for the room, our bathroom smelled worse than a gas station restroom. The smell of urine was so strong that at times, could be smelled in the cabin even with the bathroom door closed. There was a toilet bowl cleaner brush by the side of the toilet that was a permanent fixture and I'm wondering if that was the culprit in the smell. I was afraid to ho near it or touch it to  find out. Frankly wasn't even worth complaining about since I mentioned it to the staff at guest services and they said someone looked at it and " it smelled fine". In a nutshell, went on this cruise as we were a big group and it was overall nice to spend time with family but I don't think I will be taking a carnival cruise ship again in the near or far  future .

See above . This was supposedly a five person capacity room which I highly doubt. There was a queen bed and two single bunks overhead. We were told that another single bed was to be placed in the cabin but Tyra our luggage was in the way. There's no way the room would have accommodated another bed so we ended up sleeping like sardines the entire cruise .
Of the 5-6 cruises I've taken in the past, never do I remember having tinware on a long line to actually get out. Also , the time to disembark was assigned to us as between 10:30-11, which was three hours after docking. Since we couldn't wait that long due to a flight we needed to catch, we had to lug our own luggage all the way from our cabin to the level of disembarkation and all on the long winding line to get out...
Catalina was a very nice excursion but for true life of me, not sure why Ensenada would be considered a destination worth stopping at. There are a lot better places in Mexico worth seeing . Nothing there ....
See other comment
Didn't get aprund to going.
Entertainment The majority of the entertainment was driving the late dining hours so we missed most of the shows we wanted to see. Makes no sense why carnival would schedule most entertainment during dining times.