Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Mexico

Least Favorite Cruise

Sail Date: March 18, 2016

I've done several different cruises and resorts and found this trip to be the least favorite of all my trips/vacations.  The staff & comedians were great and the food was good.  The facilities were clean and well maintained.  Definitely a "party" ship.  I made the mistake of not reserving a specific room number at time of booking and was placed on the Riviera deck (4th floor) near the back of the ship.  Two of the three nights resulted in interrupted sleep due to the excessive noise and vibrations that felt like I was in an hour long California earthquake - especially at 4-5 am in the morning every time we pulled into port.  Mixed with the mistake of booking during Spring Break - there were more kids and families than anticipated - mixed with 2600 people of all economic backgrounds I guess anyone with a tax refund is able to participate - this affects the quality of those guests who would have normal decency or courtesy of other guests trying to enjoy themselves.  Then I was upset that we were literally the last people allowed off the ship where we waited over 2 hrs from the scheduled disembark schedule because "other people" who were allowed off first didn't fill out their customs declaration forms prior to leaving the ship - so their inability to follow instructions or plan ahead impeded those who are organized and could have benefited from the lost 2 hours waiting for everyone to get it together.  (Kind of also goes to show you the type of people that were on board this cruise).  You definitely get what you pay for on this cruise.

Cabin was clean and well kept - decent spacing - just the location at the aft of the ship was horrible - too much noise & vibration when pulling into port - while the mattresses were comfortable - the noise woke us up early and prevented from getting decent sleep - I was more irritable with the disembarkation process as a result of this.
Having customs declarations filled out should be a requirement BEFORE getting off the ship. Those with documents ready should be given better consideration.

Book a room mid to forward of the ship to avoid the excessive engine noise and vibration when pulling into port in the morning.