Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Mexico

Third Mate

first time cruising

Sail Date: January 11, 2016

This was the first time me and my boyfriend went on a cruise and we had a great time. We got an ocean view room which was plenty roomy for the both of us. There is always food on the boat available so you never have to worry about being hungry. Also at all the buffets there is lemonade and iced tea so you really don't need the soda package unless you really need to drink soda. I ordered a case of water to have in our room but you don't really need it either cuz you can bring a cup from home and fill it up with water whenever you want. I did bring snacks like candy and chocolate covered peanuts just because my boyfriend likes snacking on them, but there's always desserts and 24 hour ice cream. We only ate in the dining room once and actually didn't enjoy it. It was super packed and we got sat between people who already had food so we were kinda ignored. The food was good but I could have done without it. We didn't go to the fancy dinner either. It's not mandatory. The buffets all have really good food. It's not cheap quality at all and there's all sorts of food. If you can't find anything you like there's 24 hour pizza too!

I was worried about the rocking of the boat but it wasn't completely terrible. The day we were out at sea I felt it more, but the weather wasn't the best during this time so it's understandable. When I felt that the boat rocked too much I just stayed in my room and laid down.

Another thing there is always something to do on the boat. Comedy shows magic shows karaoke sitting by the pool casino. Your room doesn't have too many channels so don't count on watching much tv.

Also, don't book excursions through the ship. They're expensive. The ship was charging $35 for a city tour and trip to la bufadora and when we got there we only paid $15. The ship pulls into tourist places so don't worry about just being dropped off in a foreign place.

Overall we had a great time and relaxed a lot. We basically ate and slept which was great.

Getting on the ship was very easy. We didn't bring bulky luggage and rolled right on in. Same when getting off.
The ship was older but it was kept clean. My only thing is that there's no seat covers in the bathrooms around the ship.
Everyone was always very friendly.

1 Comment