Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Mexico

First Cruise

Sail Date: November 01, 2012

The cruise ship itself was in good condition (a little dated) and felt safe. We had a couple of issues. The first one being that when we checked in to our room the bathroom was dirty but that was quickly fixed when we called guest services. The food and beverage and all the buffets were \"good\" at best\, the selection was good but the quality was not. People always rave about the food on a cruise ship but food was not fresh\, everything semmed like it was pre-made or came from a can\, not very creative. My husband and I both have food and beverage backgrounds and I am a picky eater\, so I think we are more critical than most. We had breakfast in the main dinning room one morning and I ordered eggs benidict\, I actually looked at my husband and said they can't \"pre make\" this and he replied with no way. Well they did\, it was basically a hard boiled egg on top of an english muffin that had sat in a hot box for a long time. I think I lost few pounds on the ship.

Pros: Waking up in a new city\, entertainment

Cons: Food

Recommends Carnival Inspiration? Yes!

The dinning times were good.
Aside from the bathroom\, the room was nice. Better than we expected.
The staff seemed unhappy and tired. More than a few of them told us that they work 7 days a week for 6 months straight and you can tell. The crew that would say hello or good morning were managers or supervisors. Everyone else were \"over it\"
We had a lot to do the entertainment was fun.