Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Mexico

We had a fun time. Honey, where are my earplugs?

Sail Date: March 02, 2015

Cabin: M 130

Here’s a little background on us.  My wife and I are in our mid to late fifty’s and I just retired day’s before.  This was our “Freedom" celebration cruise.  It was also our first cruise ever and I'd say it met most of our expectations.  The food was pretty good, and there was a lot to see on and off the boat.  However, our only real complaint was the noise inside our room….and it got louder each night as the cruise progressed.  It wasn't the engine room, or the music from the bands, no, it was from all around us.  Some of the passengers were just plain jerks and some were just plain irresponsible.  Kids!  Some of them were ADULT kids, who were loud at all hours of the night.  Some were drunk and just plain inconsiderate, others were real kids whose parents just let them run the hallways of the ship at all hours, and the noise from the pounding of their feet was loud and clear inside our room. Ear plugs just couldn’t give us the quiet we needed. Oh, and then there was the noise from the people next door each night.  Our room had a view of the ocean and there was an unused, room-to-room, pass-thru door at the head of our bed.  We thought nothing of it, until we realized that the room next door was a mirror image of our room, and our pillows were only inches from theirs.  (Out came the earplugs.)  Yeah, there was some 'extra entertainment' going on, that's for sure.  It's truly amazing how well sound travels thru a metal boat.  Ha!  Now, my wife and I are not prudes or anything, but between midnight and 7 AM, we just wanted to sleep.  We're not into the bar scene, and all-night gambling isn't our thing either.  We are daytime people and we wanted to explore the world around us.  We were off the boat soon after breakfast and were checking out Avalon or Ensenada during the day, both were cool, meanwhile others never left the boat and were sleeping off the night before while we were out sightseeing.  By the last day, we were glad that there wasn't a 5th day on board.  All in all, we had fun and I'm glad we did it, but our next cruise won't be for a while, and it will be a more expensive cruise, which hopefully will exclude some of the college party animals and the noisy kid-lets. Food wasn't worth writing home about, but there was a lot of it and it was fun sampling all the different flavors.  AND, OH!  Don't pay the $20 bucks for the lobster dinner upgrade on the first night like we did.  We soon found out that the same food was part of the 'free' food menu on the second evening.  Oh well!  Live and learn.  When we went to the Bufadora, (big blow hole), in Ensenada, we walked off of the ship's locked-down holding area, compound, buffer zone or whatever it's called and we found a van outside the gate that gave us a more private tour.  They gave us a great tour of the city and gave us a lot of interesting tid-bits of information on our way out to see the blow hole.  In the city, they aimed us towards a great place to eat lunch and they recommended some stores for shopping. It was pretty cool and well worth the money, which, by the way, was still less than the price offered by the ship for a trip to the blow hole.  The last day at sea was a bit of a bore, so I think the three day tour would have been better for us.  It was fun and now we’ll know better what to expect next time.  Ear plugs AND ear muffs!

Too noisy! I didn't like the door at the head of my bed.

1 Comment