Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Mexico

Purser

Economical cruising fun

Sail Date: January 05, 2015

Overall, the cruise was very good.  I enjoyed the value of cruising without the need to fly to get to the ship.  The amount of time was perfect for my children's first time cruising.  They did not get seasick and that is really what I wanted to see before we take a longer more expensive cruise.  The room purser, Sudi, was excellent!  He remembers everyone's names if he has their rooms to clean.  He does a great job with making sure you have everything to make your stay comfortable.  He was friendly and attentive.

The shows were good and well put together.  The lead singers had weaker and more pitchy voices than the supporting singers (I directed a choir for five years so I am sensitive to this).  The comedy was really good.  Michelle needs new karaoke equipment but she was wonderful.

The one drawback on this cruise was the food.  The dining area food was great.  The food in the buffets was a step down.  Compared to my last cruise, the food was a disappointment.  The deserts were not very good.  The cakes were more like cornbread texture and that was not pleasant.  I enjoy the eating on a cruise and this was a let down that stops me from giving the cruise an excellent rating.

This was the let down of the trip.
I would like a little more structure for the 12 - 14 age group. I am an educator and I know developmental ages and they need more structured activities. The 15 -17 age group appeared to have more structured activities.
Long Beach (Los Angeles), California
Catalina Island, California
Ensenada, Mexico
Nothing earth shattering about any of the ports.