Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Mexico

Third Mate

Trip To Hell

Sail Date: October 06, 2014

The Inspiration has no heat aboard. I was told by one of the crew members that it was built for the Caribbean run only. My wife & I both were ill after the first night.

I have registered a complaint with Carnival about the unprofessional treatment that I received on Oct. 8th, when I went to the medical department aboard. Upon entering this facility, I was greeted by a nurse (no insignia), and Dr. Johnson popped his head into the foyer. I told him that I didn't know what my problems were, I'm 85 and had never experienced the extensive aura, the weakness, and the light-headedness before. He immediately disappeared without being told what my problems were, and during the preliminaries (temp, blood pressure & completion of the standard type sheet listing ailments) I asked the nurse when the MD was coming to examine me. She replied that he had to attend a meeting, and she didn't know when he'd be back!! She said that she'd call him for his recommendations, he told her to administer an I.V., which I refused.

I took migraine tabs, which eliminated the aura; and drank water & other liquids. and felt better.

During the P.M. of the 8th, the med. staff called and said that Johnson would examine me at 3 PM.

I refused, but I'd filed a grievance against him with the ship's office at around noon.

This old vessel is in need of substantial renovation.
O.K. but far less variety, particularly since we were confined to our cabin.The "hot" sandwiches were forgettable.
Except for Dr. Johnson.
Entertainment Don't know. I couldn't get my wife out to the corridor, because the door was too narrow to accept our standard wheelchair
Onboard Activities The putting green was fun , but just for me.
We never made Catalina, too rough seas to be safe.
We left E22, and was assigned E76. The noise produced by the entertainment in the Paris Room directly above our unit on 10/6 quit at 8.30 pm. We asked to change cabins.
Long Beach (Los Angeles), California
Catalina Island, California didn't go there
Ensenada, Mexico I couldn't help my wife through the narrow doorway, so we didn't disembark there.

Everyone who I spoke to, either on the elevators or decks agreed with the need to provide heat in the cabins. The cold air that is reflected on to the bathroom ceiling makes the entire cabin really cold.