Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Mexico

Third Mate

Better than expected

Sail Date: July 28, 2014

This ship was pretty nice! I had been on the Elation out of New Orleans in a suite a year ago and was not happy about the ship, food, or guests. Mainly the guests-many came up to breakfast in their nightgowns with curlers in their hair or bags on their heads, yelling across the room for their friends and being loud and obnoxious. I was not really looking forward to this as I got on and it was the same ship. But this ship had a totally different vibe! Perhaps it is due to the location. People were happy and polite. Staff was happier. Ship was prettier. The buffet was not crowded as the Elation always was, with people filling several plates at once. The food selection was good. The Art Director, Chris and his staff were very friendly and knowledgeable. We met up for a ship tour and were the only ones there, so Shane gave us a private tour and was really fun and interesting. He even gave us gifts! A little ship which I haven't gotten on the last 10 cruises since my kids were young and got them in Camp Carnival!

I would recommend this cruise and even go on it again!!

We booked it 8 days before sailing and did pay quite a lot for our OV room and it was the smallest room ever! No couch or table-I'm used to balcony rooms on Carnival. Same closet, drawers and cupboard space. No frig or blow dryer, but got a blow dryer from steward. He never replaced the water or wine glasses and we had bottles of wine sitting on the counter all week. Never saw him to ask, so got them from the bar.

Staff was very strict about taking your wine bottle out of your room and we were told we were going to be charged by a passing waitress. Same in the dining room. No smiles when they told us that! We ended up getting glasses, taking them down to our room, pouring our wine and taking it in a glass to the dining room. After 15 Carnival cruises where I brought wine, I never had anyone give us a hard time, but they have tightened up. Got Cheers last cruise and will get that next time.

Booked the Winery tour through Ship Mate and it was great. We were late since we thought we should meet our guide and hour after the posted debarkation time, but we were docked and hour before. They waited for us and were still very pleasant and we had just the two of us. It was good that we were late since we got to the winery and were eating and drinking at ten am, which is when they opened!

Dinner took 1.75 hours each night and we only had 6 at a table for 10, but our tablemates ordered most everything. American Table was pretty nice, not much different.
Smaller than expected, but lots of storage space. Window was filthy and not pleasant to look out of.
Hasbro show was fun! Sea Ninjas were good. 2 shows Motor City and VIP were good.
Children's Programs N/A
Long Beach (Los Angeles), California
Catalina Island, California
Ensenada, Mexico
Wineries were nice.Shopping was same as most Mexican ports, but prices were surprisingly high for the same "junk"

The Hasbro show was fun for adults also. The Art Auction had plenty of Champagne!