Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Mexico

Second Mate

Cruise on the Inspiration was not inspiring

Sail Date: March 17, 2014

This was my 15th cruise and if I thought all cruises were like this one, I'd start taking train trips.  The Inspiration was clean, attractive, had great omelets, smooth embarkation and debarkation, and our cabin steward was wonderful ~ thus ends our PROS.  Our CONS ~ the ship was cold, the food was repetitious and many times tasteless, and the staff in "White" didn't take the course in SERVICE 101.  The hallways were very noisy at night (I know the ship isn't at fault for that ~ it's just a sample of the clientele that take these short cruises) and our day at sea was definitely at sea ~ we bobbed in the water in almost the same spot for 24 hours.  The first hours of the cruise were really bad for pitch and roll ~ I was ready to get off rather than face 3 more days.  I love cruising and this won't stop me but I will be more careful in the ship I choose ~ it will be at least 100,000 ton in weight and newer in construction.

Clean, well appointed but could have used more comfortable chairs in the lounges.
If it weren't for the omelets, the hot sandwiches, and the hot dogs I would have lost weight.
Stateroom was small but adequate
Our cabin steward was wonderful as were most of the beverage servers but many of the people in white uniforms expected us to move aside for them. I seldom got a pleasant comment or even a smile.
Except for the two comedians, the activies were dreary
Okay from what we saw except the staff didn't seem to enjoy their job.
There were onboard activities??????
Really enjoyed Ensenada. The excursion to the wineries almost made up for the rest of the trip.

Bring warm clothing for days on the ship. Many people spent the four days wearing the white bathrobes the ship provides.