Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Mexico

Acceptable Cruise

Sail Date: August 01, 2013

The Carnival experience was overall acceptable. I would consider a future cruise. I wasn't thrilled by the experience, but realized the price was good, so the overall value was acceptable.
All other cruise lines have better food and entertainment. But the expense is higher too.

Pros: Overall value of what we got versus what we paid

Cons: Food was marginal in quality and food service varied greatly from good to poor.

Recommends Carnival Inspiration? Yes!

Ship was good, clean, in good condition, and appropriately appointed.
Clearly the food was subpar to what I've eaten on any other cruise line. But, it was generally acceptable in quality -- sometimes good, sometimes poor. The portions were also limited in how they were standardardly presented.
Non-dining room staff were superb. Dining room staff varied greatly from good to poor.
One particular incident needs to be cited. On the last meal (breakfast), I had limited time to eat then prepare to disembark. I ordered scrambled eggs, bagel and orange juice, so that I knew these would be quick and easy to prepare and serve. My server took my order and I never saw him again. After 10 minutes, I waived someone down to deliver my orange juice. At 25 minutes, I flagged another server, complaining about the delay and that I needed to get going. This server went out found my server, who came to me and said he needed to serve someone else first (now 30 minutes). I told him I had waited 30 minutes and couldn't wait. He began to argue with me that it wasn't 30 minutes and that he must serve the other people first. I had to stand up and leave. I could wait no longer. I told the Mardi Gras room front desk. They didn't apologize nor gave me any feeling like they would seriously act on this.
Certainly not top-flight entertainment. But acceptable given the price of the cruise.