A Great First Cruise

Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Mexico

Sail Date: May 01, 2013
Ship: Carnival Inspiration
I went on the shorter 3 night weekend cruise. It was a great experience and a good value for the price. It's a great deal if you want to get away for a long weekend. We loved talking with all the crew members and hearing where they are from. They are all super helpful and friendly and they remember your name, which I think is crazy. There were lots of activities and entertainment available on board, that kept us busy. It was also nice to just sit out and relax. The food is good for buffet quality, and the elegant night in the dining room was excellent.

The buffet food is good quality. The dining room was excellent on the elegant dining night, and good on the other nights. It's fun to eat whenever and whatever you want for a few days, and by the fourth day I wasn't very hungry anymore!

I was impressed with the high quality of the revue shows. A new cast performed our second show and it was great! I have been to a lot of first night shows, that still have a lot of problems, but this was very well rehearsed and it seemed like they had been performing for a long time already. The comedians were very funny. There was a break dance show that was great. We enjoyed all the options and activities that were available!

The crew is pretty much amazing. I was very impressed by how helpful, funny and friendly they all were. Our room steward called us by name, which surprised me because we had only interacted with him one short time before. The dining staff was my favorite! They were all great people!

I have never been on another cruise, so I don't really have anything to compare it too. The ship was very easy to get around and kept very clean. This was more of a party cruise and I will admit that we saw someone throw up at one point and we also saw a broken glass by one of the elevators. Both of these things were cleaned up almost immediately though, and that is what I thought was impressive. They keep everything very clean. The decor is a little outdated, but that isn't really a big deal.

The stateroom is great for it's purpose - sleeping and showering. It was plenty big for the two of us. We really didn't spend a lot of time in there besides sleeping and getting ready in the mornings. I was surprised at the great water pressure in the shower. They kept the room very clean.

Pros: The crew and the entertainment

Cons: None

Recommends Carnival Inspiration? Yes!