Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Mexico

A relaxing time but not my best cruise

Sail Date: October 01, 2012

Traveled As: Family w/young children

This was my third cruise, one with Royal Caribbean and two with Carnival. I definitely like Royal Caribbean's services the most.

To sum it up, the vacation was very enjoyable and nothing bad happened except we both got sick (sore throat and cold) in two hours after debarkation.

The stateroom needs a clock in the cabin or else we lose time and we miss fun activities. My Blackberry cell phone went absolutely nuts trying to figure out what time zone we were in and the ship seemed to be on a weird 4-hour ahead time when it came to television programming.

My other problem was that because phone service was mostly unavailable being out in the sea, that I felt quite out-of-touch with what was going on outside in the world. The internet charges are too expensive to warrant signing up for it. I think it's about 30 plus dollars for a day. Um ... no thanks. I wish Carnival would give a 15 to 20-minute free daily internet access so that we could check on e-mails or quickly browse the headline news. When we stepped off the boat I had no clue what was going on.

I wish there would be more variety to the free drinks (such as orange juice, apple juice, other refreshments). We were given a choice of lemonade or ice tea or plain water. For anything else we had to pay extra which was not cheap.

We never got to use our coupons for the complimentary free drinks (having VIFP cards) because no one seemed to honor them. They kept sending us to different areas to redeem the free drinks but ultimately we never could get them. I think these vouchers should be honored at any of the dining areas, including buffet, or at the several bar areas or at the people who constantly walk around ready to take any drink orders (alcoholic and soft drinks) and at any time of the day (there was a confusion about when lunch time ended but dinner time technically not yet started).

There were some odd down times in between meal services at the buffet and it seems that we always c

Pros: The company I was with (My 10-year old godson)

Cons: little annoying things - like excessive charges on stuff which should be free

Recommends Carnival Inspiration? Yes!

The decor is a bit corny but the ship is kept very clean.
I have had much better experience in my prior two cruises with the quality of food. That being said\, everything was good.
Pretty small stateroom with a bit of a plumbing issue.
Exceptionally well-trained and hard working crew. I had no language problem communicating with the international crew. Very nice bunch of people.
Plenty of activities\, but we were late for all the early evening shows even though we were early diners.
My kid was not interested in the camp but I have seen plenty of happy children running around looking quite content with the activities.