Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Mexico

50 out of 100 fun but still an

Sail Date: May 01, 2012

The ship was amazing and the lower level employees were mostly great, however all of that was certainly overpowered by the disgusting ethics of the management on board and carnivals rules regarding refunds and people who are injured. The manager at the excursion desk had no problem lying to my face in order to deny me a refund on an excursion my wife could not attend. He described an elaborate story about how he had spoken to our dive instructor himself and that he had assured him that my wife in fact did participate In the excursion, he went on to explain how he owned the dive company and that we would not receive a refund as promised. You can imagine the look on his face when informed him that my dive instructor was a woman who told me herself that she was an employee of the company. After several minutes of the manager from India lying further to explain himself it seemed as if his English got worse with every word until he was apparently incapable of communicating as efficiently has he had started the conversation, at this point I gave up and promised myself and my wife that I would do everything I could to let my grievance be known.
Another negative highlight of my trip was breaking my ankle then having my prescriptions confiscated by carnival so I had to hobble around a rocking ship with a broken ankle and no pain killers. Before we went to Mexico I asked a carnival employee about filling my prescription in mexico and he told me it would be ok, I also asked my tour guide offered by carnival who gave me the same information. When I tried to board the boat they seemed to single me out of the crowd and search my bag as well as pat me down I was the only one patted down when they asked about the bottle in my backpack I told them exactly what it was and offered to show my prescription. It was at this point I heard for the first time that it is carnivals rule that no matter what prescription you have you cant bring your own medication back on the boat from Mexico even with a broken ankle. When I returned to the ship I notified management who said they would do what they could to retrieve my medication so I did not have to suffer but of course they just gave me the run around until I simply gave up.
A few other complaints would include being denied a meal after my wife and I waiting over 15 minutes in a line for food, the guest immediately in front of us were cooked omelets to order but when it finally came to be out turn we were simply ignored as they began to clean up and pack away the supplies. My wife was especially upset about this because she felt like the staff had no reason to ignore us. Room service consistently forgot about half of every single order literally forgot something 100% of the times we ordered which isnt a huge deal but gets annoying.
Perhaps the most avoidable incident occurred when I rented a shirt for the formal dinner. When I went to pull the shirt over my head I felt a sharp cut on my hand, after looking closer at the shirt I discovered It was missing a button, it had several small stains and someone left a small rusty staple that cut my had deep enough to draw blood. At this point I was outraged and concerned about possibly contracting tetanus or some other sickness from the gross looking staple. I returned the shirt to the very nice lady in the formalities store who called her manager up to explain. This manager was kind enough to take me to the doctor on the ship who put a band aid on it and assured me I didnt need any shots. My doctor at home gave me a tetanus shot the day I got back and was amazed that the onboard doctor did not
Overall I was not impressed, I did not feel pampered or relaxed and it would never pay to go on a carnival ship nor will I ever recommend anyone do so.

Pros: The food and the lower lever employees were great, I loved that everyone was from somewhere different. The guy who cleaned the rooms was very nice, he remebered our names and was respectful of our privacy and belongings. Great food loved the lobster.

Cons: The managers lie, They nickle and dime you, I broke my ankle and they confiscated my perscriptionn meds, refuse to refund excursion that wasnt used, rented tux had sharp rusty staple & missing button

Recommends Carnival Inspiration? No.

general staff is cool, managment and carnival rules are cheap asses and they are not there to help you
like a maze