An old ship but still a nice time

Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Mexico

4 Night Baja Mexico (Los Angeles Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 09, 2012
Ship: Carnival Inspiration
We were concerned about the four day trip due to our past experiences with Carnival but went on it due to the available time we could fit in without children. Well, there was over 900 kids on board so that didn't truly work out? At least none of the kids were ours so we had no responsibilities other then to relax. The food was great and the menus offered a variety. The singers were good but the dancers were very amateurish and several of the other couples felt like we did, that it was like watching a high school performance. The dancers did not seem to be choreographed well and they also never seemed to be in sych. but for the price, who can really complain? Catalina is nice and a great place to get off for a few hours and walk around. Ensenada is really about drinking since the shopping is basically just like being in Downtown Los Angeles. I would stay on the ship, like most of the passengers seemed to do. Stephanie the Cruise Director was great as well as the social staff. They are an odd bunch and not what you would expect. Every type of person is represented in the passengers and they matched that with the social staff. Skinny, heavy and from all social ranks represented. I applaud Carnival for being open minded!

We had a great time and I would actually take this trip again if the schedule required it.

The food was great and the variety of the choices to meet most tastes.

Other then the dancers, I found all the activities to be entertaining. The social staff was mostly to credit with that feelings. they were never afraid to make fun of themselves and others.

The staff was excellent

The ship is old, poorly maintained and needs to be revised as to how they maintain the common areas. I needed to use the toilet and the one in our cabin was broken. They even removed the shower head since the drainage was not working. I went to the public toilet on deck seven to find feces on both seats. I then went to deck eight to find one plugged and the other with a plunger in it. I finally went to the toilets on Deck nine and found it to be usable. Not clean, but at least it was usable!

Considering the age of the ship the room was in pretty good shape.

Pros: Relaxing time on board

Cons: Old ship with breaking down plumbing and a constant smell of waste in the hallways

Recommends Carnival Inspiration? Yes!