Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Mexico

Disappointing

Sail Date: February 24, 2012

The food on the ship was the worst i've had in my 15 years of cruising. It was flavorless and over cooked. Also the dinner selections looked like they were taken from a Furr's cafeteria menu. Also the dining service was pushing the food so quick we were in and out of dinner in 30-45 minutes every night. Barely time to get a cocktail or relax. For me to go back on a cruise again I will be waiting for friends or family to tell me that dinner has returned to the way of elegant dining. Other low lights to the dining experience include people chanting about dream vacations "with you were here" and one server jumping on a chair and taking dollar bills in his belt from a table of young women.

The crew attitude seemed angry and put out. Im not sure if this is because we no longer tip based on service or if they were tired from the 3/4 day turn around. The Senior Matre D was grumpy and entertainment staff didn't show up to 1/2 of the items on their itinerary.

Drink Prices have gone through the roof. A 16 oz miller lite when you get on the boat is 5.75 plus tax and tip coming out to over 7 dollars. That is club prices. Im good with a 4 dollar beer but 7 dollar beers really kill the party.

Debarkation was fumbled. We drove from AZ so we had an 8 hour drive home. We were told we had to leave our bags outside our room because we had more than one per person (2 per) but that we could get out early and pick them up on shore. Come to find out that if you leave the ship and you don't have your bags customs makes you STAND in a line for 1.5 hrs. The 1.5 hr delay in our departure did give us an opportunity to watch about half of the ship carry off 2,3 or 4 bags per person. Meaning we could have carried our own bags off the ship and got on the road that much sooner.

This was the my 15+ cruise between carnival and RC and was my worst. It was the first cruise for my fiance and her reaction was, "I've been on a cruise now, so I can check it off my list". Not sure that would make a great slogan for your commercial.

Pros: Clean, Quick and Ample Service

Cons: Food Quality, Crew Attitude, Drink Prices, Debarkation

Recommends Carnival Inspiration? No.