A nice first time cruise

Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

4 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: October 27, 2011
Ship: Carnival Inspiration
We felt that the cruise was not quite as luxurious as the adults only resort we went to in Cancun for our 10-year anniversary, but it was definitely comfortable and relaxing. We enjoyed our trip very much, but we went into it thinking that our attitude would determine our enjoyment. We booked during hurricane season, so we knew rerouting was a possibility, so we weren't too disappointed when we went to Bahamas instead of Cozumel. The staff was great. We would like to bring our kids on our next cruise because they would get their money's worth in just food!

The dining rooms were very fancy and we never waited for a table even with Your Time Dining. Waiters were professional and entertaining. My husband enjoyed the buffet because we could eat alone, without strangers, and I was pleasantly surprised that the food quality was just as yummy as in the dining rooms!

Tons of options; however, we were content to relax and read most of the time. We enjoyed the outside deck areas very much. The gym was really top notch! We were very pleased with our snorkeling excursion in the Bahamas!!

We did not find one grumpy staff person. They were all terrific. Our room staff always had buckets of ice waiting for us, since we asked for some on the first day, and they called us by name after only hearing it once. I did wish for a few more servers to come around the open seating areas to ask if we would like drinks or anything.

The decor is kind of Vegas-style, but cleanliness was top notch! It always smelled fresh and staff were constantly cleaning. For having 2000+ people on board, there was always somewhere to go that was not crowded. Being crowded was one of my biggest worries being a first time cruiser, but it was not bad at all.

We would definitely recommend an oceanview room. We thought we would not have enjoyed our cabin nearly as much if it did not have the window. The bathrooms weren't quite as small as I feared. Definitely only one person at a time, but showers were large enough to shave my legs comfortably. The pillows were amazing!!! I slept great!

Pros: Snorkeling was fabulous in the Bahamas! Food was very good! Cleanliness and staff great!

Cons: Eating with strangers at dinner (my husband does not enjoy this)

Recommends Carnival Inspiration? Yes!