Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Not the best, but OK

Sail Date: October 22, 2011

Traveled As: Family w/young children

This was my second Carnival cruise trip. The ship and the trip is good and OK generally. The foods are plenty and always there on time. The crew are friendly and ready to help. However some of the rooms are truly stinking, I know that is not the ships fault and people overeat and over****, however there should be some mechanism to drive all the foul odors out of the decks.

The worst for this trip (Oct. 22 to 27, 2011 out of Tampa, FL) was that the ship did not go to Cayman Islands due the incliment weather. I understand the safety issues, but at the same time going to Progreso, Mexico was not even a close midget in compensation. The Carnival company should have gone to Bahamas or offered some money back. We felt cheated and the whole ship passengers were upset and disappointed. One more thing that I didn't like is that the swimming pool(s) or jaccuzis are too small and really overcrowded.

However, I wouldn't say anything wrong against the crew and officers, they are good people, friendly and cheerful. Some are tired and not smiling but that is fine, peerhaps due the sea days and homesickness. They are human as well and should be given better conditions. The ship is clean and there are plenty of programs to entertain the crowd.

Embarkation and dembarkation of the ship should be a little faster. Two and half hours to disembark the ship is really long and not pleasant.

One thing that really really bugs me is that the gratuity is put on the bill beforehand and not left as an option, that leaves many embarrased passangers and crew members who give a last ugly look to them, as to "where's my tip?" Well, excuse me, I cannot pay $150 tip for a five day trip, especially in this economy.

Passangers should be a little respectful to others, by watching their language and dress and behaviour attitude, especially around children.

Pros: Friendly crew, foods, programs

Cons: Cheated us from going to Cayman Islands

Recommends Carnival Inspiration? Yes!

Very great place to be and the water color is simply magnifiscent azul turquoize beauty. Wish we could swim.
George Town, Grand Cayman
We did not go due to weather and the compensation port in Progreso Mexico was basically two three shopping areas. Waste of time. Should have gone to Bahamas instead. Shame!