Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great time!

Sail Date: October 08, 2011

Overall, my impression of the ship was that it was run like a naval ship. Everyone had a job and they did it. The entire place was spotless and perfect. I was very impressed by the crew.

Pros: The staff was very attentive and friendly! I felt like a princess

Cons: Everything cost extra. I stepped on a piece of glass and cut my foot...the medical center charged me for antiseptic ointment and bandaids!

Recommends Carnival Inspiration? Yes!

I don't gamble or drink much, and can only hang out at the pool so much before I get bored. I had hoped for more activities, like crafts or dance lessons and was disappointed that the aerobics classes cost extra. The karaoke was fun, especially the Superstar karaoke (I have told all of my music friends about it and they are VERY jealous of me!) Honestly, the kids activities sounded like more fun than the adult activities. I'd like to take a cruise again, but more activities geared towards active adults with no children.
The ship was VERY clean and orderly; good use of space. I can say that a person confined to a wheelchair would not enjoy this ship, as it was somewhat cramped and lacking in easily accessable spaces. It didn't bother me, but my mother is disabled and it is a sad fact that I will probably never be able to take her on a cruise because she'll be confined to specific spaces. Also I found it challanging to keep on a schedule because there were so few clocks. Other than those observations, the ship was terrific!
The quality was tasty and of good quality. I was pleased to have access to so much fresh produce and healthy options. The servers and maitre 'd were wonderful (Serafin was out waiter and Omur was our maitre 'd.) The room service staff were fast and efficient. All appreciated.
For the price, my room was larger than I thought it would be. Excellent use of space for storage! The curtians over the "window" were a neat touch because they gave the impression of having a real window. The decor was a little dated, but still nice.
I couldn't even say enough! The staff were just terrific and made me feel like royalty! Our room steward, Arnold, was terrific! The Park West people really bothered me, though. The "artwork" that they were selling was overpriced, I was pressued to buy (which I did not,) and later found out that they have mutliple lawsuits pending against them for fraud. Buyer beware!
George Town, Grand Cayman
The people with signs trying to lure tourists kind of bothered me. The supposedly cheap jewelry was a dud and most of the wares looked like they were made in China and available at Walmart. Mostly, I was struck by how overpriced all of the activities seemed to be
Don't Miss: Sending post cards from Hell was pretty cool and trying fresh coconut was neat.
It was okay. I wish that I'd spent the money to see the Mayan ruins, but I was afraid that there would a McDonald's and someone trying to see me a good deal on a cab ride.
Don't Miss: Nothing that I could find.