Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

You get what you pay for

Sail Date: August 04, 2011

I was disappointed and had regreted not having payed a little more for a better experience. I think there were way too many people or maybe it looked that way since there was only one pool for 2200 people on board. I mean there was no way to even think of going anyway near the pool. The prices on those pictures were outlandishly expensive, you want us to remember our time on the ship well then how about making the price for those pictures a little more affordable or at least a package deal so that we can go ahead and purchase them. How about offering one for free this might make it easy or at least it would give us a sense of affordability. How about sticking to stateroom rules, I will never forget being woken up by the captain at 4 in the morning searching for a missing 15 yr. old. Had that room been occupied by a legal age occupant then they would have know that this kid was missing much earlier.

Pros: The comedians

Cons: Lack of room on the Lido deck or anywhere near the pool.

Recommends Carnival Inspiration? No.

It looked so grand from the outside, but as you walk toward the interior of the ship the flaws are very evident. Some floors were cracked, the stairwells were very narrow, not enough sitting area away from the hustle and bustle.
I guess the saying is true, you get what you pay for. There was a bad smell out in the hallways, it seemed to be in the rug. I wish that instead of that uncomfortable cot there was a bunk bed and the other regular twin bed.
Just because we went on shore doesn't mean that we didn't want to attend any shows on board. There was no live show on, there's only so much Karaoke that one person can do.
People putting the activities together should be a little more familiar with the brain development of each age and know when the kids would be more apt to participate and get involved. There is no straight forward general time that fits for all. Each age group should be looked at independently.
The service personnel were great and very attentive. Not too impressed with the variety of selections. It seemed as if there was no choice. Very disappointed with the quality of the food.
I mean isn't that their job, to be there and help or answer any question.
You must swim with the dolphins, even though I didn't go in, but to see my son participate and see that smile from ear to ear made my entire vacation. Also visit Margaritaville, you get a free margarita, and you can use the water bounce toys at no charge, yes you read it right, no charge. This was a nice surprise after paying so much for everything else in town.
Don't Miss: Don't miss any of the shops, nice variety, except for the fact that no shop has a Cozumel towel. That's the only thing I wanted and could not find it in any of the stores.