Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Big Disappointment

Sail Date: March 21, 2011

The ship was basically clean and well kept. The food, on the other hand, was BAD. The entertainment was good, but there were only 2 shows on a 5 night cruise. There was only one pool, and it was soooo crowded with kids and adults. There were no deck chairs available unless you got out there at 7 am. There are no books in the library, and no art in their art gallery. There were no "drink cards" available. All alcoholic drinks had to be charged at full price. Soda cards were available for $6.00 a day. I can't drink that much soda...so even that was not something I would buy.

Pros: The stewards and dining room staff was awesome

Cons: The food was almost inedible!!

Recommends Carnival Inspiration? No.

We were 3 in a room for 2. They gave us a roll-away bed for the third person. It was so short, my feet hung over (and I'm only 5'3". The mattress was thin...and the whole bed dipped dramatically in the middle!! A very uncomfortable 5 nights sleep.
The food was horrible...unless you had a hot dog or hamburger (which is NOT what I want to eat on a cruise). We ate in the formal dining room for dinners, and although the presentation of the food was good...the taste was terrible!!! The food in the buffet was a bit (not much) better, but I didn't have to worry about gaining lots of weight. In fact, I lost 2 pounds. That says it all!!
The dining room staff and the room stewards were very friendly and helpful, although we requested an extra life jacket (there were only 2 in our room, and we had 3 people), and we NEVER receive it. Fortunately, we didn't have to use them, or one of us would have been out of luck.
There were only 2 shows on a 5 day cruise, and most of the adult activities started after I went to bed. So if you're not used to staying up real late, you were out of luck.
We did not take a tour, but there are LOTS of shopping places on the pier, and several bars.
George Town, Grand Cayman
We took a bus tour and then went to the turtle conservatory. It was very interesting.