A different kind of experience

Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

4 Night Western Caribbean (Tampa Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 03, 2011
Ship: Carnival Inspiration
I didn't pay attention to the time frame (it was spring break for most colleges). I went to spend some "girl time" with my friends and mom. This was my first cruise so I didn't know what to expect. There was a lot of overt sexual attention that I was not used to. The staff was very informative and helpful; however, during the day, there was a shortage of deck chairs and very slow service to get any drinks. The shows were fabulous and my mom and I had a great time with the trivia, dancing, jenga and abba dance class. I liked having the TV channel that went over pertinent information. The cruise director was always giving out information of the day. We did get some conflicting times on disembarking and one of our group was held a green card and had to appear very early on disembarking day, which she didn't have to do when traveling with her husband on Royal Caribbean. Lots of photos to choose from and the casino was fun. Embarking and disembarking went very smoothly and quickly. I tended to get lost just about every day on the Inspiration, don't know if it was layout issue or me. Wish there was a second pool.

Food was alright.

There were many different things to choose from during the day.

Cruise director was great, as was our waiter at dinner. Very friendly waitstaff all over the ship.

Got lost a lot and had trouble finding a few places repeatedly.

The beds were very very comfortable, better than my own at home!
Fat Tuesday's was a bit out of control, but we got there the first night of Carnival so I guess I should have expected that. The excursions were well timed and well organized. Our guide was amazing.
Don't Miss: Tulum Ruins

Pros: all ages karaoke, waterslide, excursion, beds

Cons: meat market atmosphere, slow drink service

Recommends Carnival Inspiration? Yes!