Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

First time Cruiser

Sail Date: September 06, 2010

The Carnival Inspiration was a first cruise for my husband and me. We enjoyed the cruise experience enough to start planning our next one. However, we would choose a larger Carnival boat with more port stops (and a basketball court for my husband).

Our itinerary was: Tampa, FL - Grand Cayman Island -- Cozumel, Mexico

We ended up going: Tampa, FL - Key West, FL -- Cozumel, Mexico

A fellow passenger had a medical emergency that required greater attention than the on board medical team could provide, so we had to loop back to Key West. I was really disappointed about not going to Grand Cayman Island (which was a major reason for us to book the vacation). Safety comes first, but I wonder if they could have handled the situation better. For example, dropping off the ill passenger at Key West and continuing full speed to Grand Cayman. Or having a helicopter or another boat meet us.

The food was excellent. My favorite dinner was lobster tail & shrimp. The dining crew often led dances to get everyone excited. Our server remembered that my husband ordered coffee on the first night and automatically knew to bring him a coffee every night following. I would definitely recommend a sit-down dinner as opposed to anytime dining. With a sit-down dinner, you are assigned the same table for each night. We met other couples at dinner and it was nice to share experiences. At the end of the trip, we exchanged emails to share photos and keep in touch.

The housekeeping team is wonderful. They cleaned out our rooms 2 times a day. They provided continental breakfast when we requested it at 6:30am. The animal towels were a nice touch.

I wish I could say I enjoyed the pool but it was usually crowded so we never stepped foot in it. I'm surprised there is only 1 pool for the whole ship. There were 4 jacuzzi's but we didn't feel like jumping in those with the hot sun beating down on us.

Overall, I can't wait to go on my next cruise. Good experience.

Pros: Excellent staff, great food

Cons: Only 1 pool

Recommends Carnival Inspiration? Yes!

Could use more than 1 pool
Husband wanted basketball court. Next time we'll pay attention to the ship layout some more.
Dancing & singing shows - entertaining. I wish there was some acting between scenes. They would transition from Country music to Motown in the same show.
My favorite meal was the lobster tail & shrimp. I love seafood - yum!
They cleaned our room 2 times a day. Cute animal towels.
Visited the Mayan Ruins of Tulum. It required a 35 minute ferry ride and then a another 45-60 min ride on a coach bus. Husband and I like a bit of history. Fortunately, the Mayan ruins of Tulum are also next to a *gorgeous* beach, the kind you see in postcards.
Don't Miss: The beach.