Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

pros and cons of the carnival inspiratio

Sail Date: May 31, 2010

I mainly chose this cruise because I wanted two of my friends to come with us and we had to talk them into it with a low price. Overall, the staff were friendly, the ship was beautiful and very clean. The rooms were comfortable with no complaints. Unfortunately, when you think of being onboard at sea in the hot sun, what comes into your mind??? soaking it up in the pool. Well now imagain a small pool about the size of 2 limos parked side by side and now squeeze in about 30 people standing in the pool, another 30 people sitting on the edge soaking their feet drinking drinks and finally, throw in another 5-10 hyper children trying to jump into any open space there is to make a cannonball. salty suntan lotion oily pool water splashing into your 9 dollar drink while the other water goes in your eyes. NOT the relaxing image you'd imagain. The waterslide on board also look fun, but the line was incredibly long for the ship's 1 adult slide and it took about an hour to go through a line with about 40 people because they do not allow the next person to go down until the other people is completely done and off the slide, which takes much longer than necessary. NEXT TIME, I'd pay much more attention to picking a ship with more than one pool AND picking one that has an adults only pooll! This was terrible!!!! Keep reading the other review however because there was good things too!

Pros: Dinner Service was not only delicious but also entertaining and fun!

Cons: Pools, chaotic games

Recommends Carnival Inspiration? No.

There were not as many activities offered as I hoped there would have been. They also hosted some activites in hallways near lounges, making it hard to hear the trivia questions and hard to see. People would walk by and shout the answer and this wasn't too much fun. Some of the activities were cool. They only offered one major adult entertaining (comedy show, talent contest) etc per night, so literally everybody tried to get a seat and many were left out. It would have been better to have 2 choices so that everybody had a chance to at least be at one of them.
There are a lot of staff on board and many are from different countries. Those who do speak English seem willing to help. Anytime somebody didn't know the answer or couldn't help us, it was only because of a language barrier, which is understandable. All staff were very friend and engaging. Everybody seemed to be happy and smiling.
There is a lot to do on board. We were dissapointed because we were first told that this ship offered the pool side movies, which is a nice activitiy to do at night. Later we were informed that this ship did not have this. Again, on the next cruise, I'll pick a ship that has this feature since it provide a fun and relaxing choice at night. The whole ship was very very clean which I very much appreciated.
Comfortable, completely clean, no issues. It was cleaned several times a time and I am impressed at how how the stewards work throughout the cruise. They deserve a raise!
Dinner time was the best time of the day! The wait staff were very outgoing, charming, and hysterical. The maitre'd came to all the tables every night, danced the conga with the waiters. Just before dessert, the lights went down and party music came on for us to clap to and it was so much fun! The food was great and they would often keep bringing out other dishes and entres that people didn't order (even though you could have picked 4 or 5 entrees/desserts if you'd wanted to) and this was nice because people had a chance to try more things.
George Town, Grand Cayman
The island was interesting to look at. We went snorkeling on a barrier reef. I was nervous to accidentally touch a stingray or touch the coral since both could be dangerous. After a while of delicately kicking my feet trying to avoid both, I got tired of it and went back on board the boat. Our bus driver was wonderful, he sang and played harmonica while he drove us to the boat. This was cool and different.
Don't Miss: I would have liked to just spend time swimming at a beautiful beach.
We did a short tour of the mayan ruins. The history is cool. I would have hated this as a kid though. It was a bunch of walking in about 95 degree weather. I focused on staying in the shade as we walked around. This isn't like walking through a jungle or through mountainous terrain. Its walking through grassy areas with small rock paths here and there that lead to mini rock structures like huts and small houses. The history is interesting but the sites aren't amazing, in my opinion. This is why you'd have to be an adult to appreciate what you're doing here. If I were a kid, Id be hot and complaining about when its time to eat and go swimming and why do we have to keep walking lolol On the bus to and from the Mayan ruin tour, we were able to see much of the island. I love seeing other communities and how people live, so I really enjoyed this. Our tour guide was great and called us "famiily" whenever addressing our group. Nice touch. The shopping was cool, food was ok.
Don't Miss: find some crystal blue water on a beach and swim in it!