Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

The Inspiration from Carnival

Sail Date: May 08, 2010

I recently traveled on the Carnival Inspiration. I was surprised at the grandeur of the ship since I knew it was an older ship. We enjoyed the flexible options given for dining and all the different activites offered onboard. The camp Carnival programs for the kids and babysitting options offered were fantastic. The service could have been better in my opinion, compared to other cruises I have taken. Everytime we ate in the dining room we had to hunt down a waiter to have a refill. The boat was really rocking, in that aspect for "rocking" it was the worst ship I have been on in the Carnival fleet out of many previous Carnival cruises. We sailed in May and there wasn't inclement weather causing the rocking. I went to the spa for treatments and the whole table I was lying on during the treatments was vibrating as if I was directly above the engine room or something. It was uncomfortable. The food was pretty good. They didn't have as much as a variety as I had hoped, but it was well plated and elegant. The ship was very clean in my opinion and the stateroom steward did a good job with our cabin. I wish the food areas did not have a fly problem. It seems they would do something about that. The cabin was nice but I noticed it didn't have little amenities particuarly in the bathroom like a hair dryer etc, that the newer ships for Carnival have.

Pros: The choices for dining at different times and different activity choices.

Cons: The age of the boat seemed to cause a lot of rocking compared to others I have taken.

Recommends Carnival Inspiration? No.

Its hard to get ahold of certain departments on the cruise.
I often had to call one and be transferred since I couldn't get through on my own.

Don't Miss: Beach by jeeps and cave cavern excursion
George Town, Grand Cayman
Grand Cayman is nice and the locals are less pushy to sell things compared to many other islands. Stingray City, and Sea World submarines are a must see in my opinion. They are both one of a kind experiences.
Don't Miss: The Sea World submarine