Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A horrible cruise!

Sail Date: March 01, 2010

This was our third cruise..our first two were with Royal Caribbean, and this was the first time we included our four children. I realize that Carnival cannot be held responsible for the fact that the ship was loaded with "Spring Breakers", but the staff did NOTHING to curb the horrible behavior of these passengers. We complained with many other families about drunken students running up and down the hallway banging on doors and screaming every night, but the staff failed miserably to respond. On several occasions our doors came open in the middle of the night and lights would also turn on without the switch being flipped. The fourth evening on board, our side of the hall on the Empress level had a breaker blow and we were without power to the outlets in our rooms. We spoke with our stateroom steward, Sheldon, and explained to him that we only had thirty minutes left to get ready for our 6:00p.m. dinner seating... he said he would call the appropriate people. After fifteen minutes went by, and time running out to get ready, we attempted to speak with the steward again and he snapped our heads off! I went down to guest services at that point to file a complaint, and within five minutes, the outlets had power. By the way, you only have one WORKING outlet per/room. The formal dress code was ridiculous! Even on elegant night 3/4 of the guests showed up in Hawaiian shirts and shorts on.
Guests, mostly students, were terrible about running out to the deck chairs at 6:00 a.m. to reserve all of the chairs then going back to their rooms to sleep off their hangovers. They would meander out to the deck around 11:30a.m. and have a nice chair waiting while the rest of us with manners stood out by the railing...this lasted the entire five days! I'm sure many will ask why we didn't do the same thing(?)...because it's wrong. If another guest gets up and heads out to the deck before me, they deserve the spot.
The absolute worst issue we had with this cruise was the fact that from day one the ship smelled STRONGLY of vomit in many many places throughout. We heard several guests complain but the issue was never resolved. When we asked a crew member, he told us it was because of all the students on board drinking. I told him that that was a neat trick because the smell was there when we arrived! It was the first week of Spring Break so the smell was caused by poor upkeep! We could not participate in many of the daily activities that were played around the lounge and casino area because the smell was gut churning!
Most of the evening shows were rated "R" or "Adult"...not family friendly.
My family is a hard working unit. We have saved our pennies for two years to take this cruise. I am so disappointed that we didn't save a little longer and go with Royal Caribbean again. This was our children's first experience and they have no desire to return either. The only saving grace for our trip was our formal dining room staff in the Carnival dining room. Linden and the others were wonderful! I'm sorry to be negative and so long in my comments but this trip was such a let down for our entire family.

Pros: Formal staff

Cons: Stateroom steward and the fact that the ship smelled of vomit the entire time!

Recommends Carnival Inspiration? No.