Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Do not chose Carnival if diabetic!

Sail Date: January 01, 2008

Traveled As: Family w/young children

We booked this family vacation 11 months in advance. Our 12 year old son was diagnosed with juvenile diabetes (type 1) prior to the trip. I thought about cancelling but was told that Carnival is accommodating to diabetics and others with health issues so we kept the reservation. I called Carnival many times to request & confirm the early seating since our son is diabetic & needs to eat at set times and was told we had early seating. However when we checked in, we were listed for late seating (8:30pm) which is way too late for a insulin dependent child. We tried changing but NO ONE would help us or even acted like they cared. We were told there is "plenty of food on the ship so he will not starve" and recommended the late afternoon buffet - which consisted of burgers, fries and pizza. Not very carb-friendly or healthy options when you have a limited daily carb intake. I told others on the ship too and they could not believe that we could not be bumped up to the early seating-- especially since I have called numerous times!

Pros: I really liked our waiters

Cons: not accommodating for diabetic children

Recommends Carnival Inspiration? No.