Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great Time!!

Sail Date: December 17, 2007

The ship was nice but I imagine it is one of the older ships and was just average to me (Carnival Inspiration). This was my 2nd cruise so I knew what to expect and where to go which was nice. The atmosphere is just great because there are so many areas to go and relax!! You can lay in a lounger by the pool and it is just wonderful and peaceful! We were told that 400 kids were aboard our ship & it is amazing how well they are spread out & occupied where you don't feel overwhelmed by kids running everywhere! My mom and I really enjoyed ourselves, other than her having some motion sickness. She should have tried to come on with a patch but didn't get one ahead of time....

Pros: I loved watching the shows on the ship & touring the islands we stopped at.

Cons: The short time in port, my mom had motion sickness & the weather wasn't always HOT!

Recommends Carnival Inspiration? Yes!

We should have done research before arriving in Cozumel because we didn't plan any excursions and were just going to "wing it." We were completely lost at the port in knowing which way to go or what to do for the day! We were approached by a time share person & talked into taking a 1 hour tour that became about 2-3 hours & a little pushy! Other than that we just hit the shops down the main strip.
Don't Miss: Chankanaab Park or Paradise Beach I heard were good.....we didn't make it there.
George Town, Grand Cayman
The visit at Grand Cayman seemed to fly by. We had to take the small boat to shore so it took a while to get to Grand Cayman and the same coming back. Our whole ship was in a line so long that is wrapped around the whole area!!! Anyway we did the island tour for 2 hrs which took us to the Tortuga Rum place to watch the rum cakes & stuff being made, plus had a souvenir shop to try the cakes or buy anything else. We also went to "Hell" on our tour which was a "must-see" from Grand Cayman. It is very neat how the rock is formed & they even have a post office to mail friends a postcard from Hell! :) We then went on to the turtle farm which is also a Must-See! We really enjoyed seeing the turtles & even being able to pick one up!! Our time went too fast their & didn't get to see the gift shop but it was huge! We were amazed at the roads & driving....it is very weird since they drive on the left side of the road and they had really messed up curvy roads!
Don't Miss: You must visit Hell and the Turtle Farm!
George Town, Grand Cayman
Don't Miss: You must visit Hell and the Turtle Farm!