Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Helpful hints, I wish I knew before trip

Sail Date: October 09, 2006

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Overall the cruise was an A+. It was my son (9yrs old) first cruise. Here are some helpful hint if you are traveling soon...... 1) the booth in the seated dinning room are very small so if you are a larger person make sure to ask for a TABLE for dinner at the "fun pass" counter BEFORE getting on the boat. We had to eat at a much later dinner the first night b/c we had to wait for a table rather then our assigned booth. 2) In GRAND CAYMEN we had to wait in a line to re-enter the boat - th line was over an hour long -make sure to have a HAT or SUNSCREEN for that line. I had my mother and son wait for me in the shade in the front - but I saw many people getting close to heat stoke. 3) We booked land trips before we got on the boat (Stingrays and Mayan ruiens) both were excelent tours - HINT: Take ZIPLOCK bags and you can order room service for sandwichs BEFORE you leave the ship. My son loved having the sandwich on the Boat and Bus rides back from the days events. 4) Camp Carival was great! I took my son a few times so he could have a break from me :). Children between 9-11 can sign themselves in and out of the camp unless you state that you will pick them up. HINT: sign them in and sign them out!! We saw many 9 & 10 year old just wondering around the boat, being bored! We even saw some taking candy from the shop with out paying. Another kid HINT: If you put money on your child "sail and sign "card they can get tokens for the game room and unlimited drinks -- it can get expensive if you are not aware of their activites. I gave my son a dollar for the tokens and we purchased a "fountain card" on the first day than give him unlimited soda. We saw on man with a $4,000 sail and sign bill because he had 3 teenage son purchaseing sodas and candy in the gift stores - unlimited spending. - Overall - GREAT TRIP!! Highly recommend to everyone. PS. sign up to play everything on the boat - the games are great and the prizes are even better - I am the Fear Factor Winner :) something my son will NEVER forget watching me win :) ENJOY and take lots of Pictures!! HINT: Underwater camera for swimming in the pool, at the beach or with the stingrays -is a must. Pictures look great!

Pros: Everything was thought of for us - a head of time.

Cons: Salty pool and not asking the right questions of the right people.

George Town, Grand Cayman