Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

FAB for "first-time cruisers"

Sail Date: September 25, 2006

We really didn't know what to expect in terms of organization, cleanliness, helpfulness of the staff, restaraunts, ect., but our Travel Agent was very informative & helpful in telling us who to ask, what to take, ect. Everything our Agent covered with us was absolutely true and all was well! Our stateroom was absolutely spotless twice a day, our steward was the friendliest person I've ever met, as was absolutely every single staff member we came in contact with the entire cruise! We renewed our wedding vows & the staff invovlved in that, including the Captain, were completely amazing and sweet...they truly went out of their way to make it special and personal. (I had cancer when we first got married & we couldn't have a honeymoon, so this was doulbly special for us. They asked some specifics, we shared this with them, and they were overly sweet, thoughtful, attentive...going out of their way to ask if I was now alright, ect.) Our Head Waitor was fabulous, our friends from our dinner table came...it was all so much sweeter and not hurried along than we thought it would be! The availability of food 24/7, as well as activities, was great since I'm a nightowl. We enjoyed all the shows we saw, danced on stage to a live orchestra at the Captain's Cocktail Party, loved the clubs, casino, everything on the ship. Before we even left the port, we were caught on the video kissing on deck, all our dinner friends saw it, and we immediately felt special! As a matter of fact, we were caught on film about 6 times, kissing in just about every shot! Talk about a dream vacation! Going to Grand Cayman was lovely...the beach, the water, the shopping...my husband bought me a beautiful Tanzanite ring for our second anniversary/honeymoon! We're big Jimmy Buffet fans, so having Margareitaville right across from where we got onto the island was an added treat! We fed bread right out of our hands to the fish, had a great conversation with the friendliest cab driver I've ever seen, saw a couple of sights...loved every second! Cozumel was great as well. We visited a great new Beach Club, with a thatched roof, where we had some fabulous food, great water activities, great waitors and drinks...shopped til we dropped pretty much! All of the people are so frindly and fun to barter with! We got Christmas for all five of our grown children-talk about a bargain!! Everywhere we went on the islands, or the ship, people would comment about how much in love we were-we must be newleyweds...we'd tell them our story, and before you know it, we'd have new friends buying us a drink and wishing us well. I've truly never had such a completely wonderful time. This cruise was much more than I ever expected, the islands more beautiful than I thought, the ship cleaner and more well organized that I'd imagined, many, many more activities on board than I could have ever dreamed, the people on board and in the Caribbean much more friendly...We've already agreed to start another "cruise fund" for our next one, because truly we have been beautifully transformed into "Cruise People!"

Pros: The friendliness of ALL staff & cleanliness of the entire ship!

Cons: Not quite enought time in the first port, Grand Cayman!

George Town, Grand Cayman
You must not miss Columbian Emeralds...great values! And of course, Margareitaville is a must...fun, good food, great souveniers! And the beaches in Grand Cayman must be the most beautiful in the world! We fed fish, right out of our hands!
Don't Miss: Margareitaville
Paradise Beach has a brand new club, with absolutely fabulous food! They come around and pour shots in your mouth, the beach is three feet from you with all kinds of great water avtivities, and it's the perfect place to relax after all that great shopping and bartering!
Don't Miss: Any of the shopping naturally!
George Town, Grand Cayman
Don't Miss: Margareitaville
Don't Miss: Any of the shopping naturally!