Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Our first real cruise and we loved it!

Sail Date: September 11, 2006

We sailed on the Inspiration and were very impressed with the cleanliness and beauty of the ship. We were told the ship was 10 years old, but were pleased with the excellent condition the ship was in. All of the lounges we visited were tastefully decorated and comfortable. We spent a couple of nights in the Candlelight Lounge for kareoke, and liked the seating layout and lighting.

The food choices and quality were excellent. We ate several times in the Carnivale Dining Room and enjoyed the atmosphere, and our wait staff, Manuel and Ira. We also ate several times on the Lido deck and again, the food choices and quality were very good. We appreciated having choices of when and where we could eat. One night, I had room service and had my meal within minutes. It was great.

Our stateroom was an outside cabin on the lower Riviera Deck and while it was small we had ample room for us and our belongings and the beds were quite comfortable. Everything worked so we didn't have any issues.

We had a great time on our Jeep and Caverns shore excursion in Calica. Our tour guide Raul and his partner, Eric, were fabulous. They were extremely professional, personable and experienced. The beach we visited was beautiful. We were able to swim in the Caribbean, which was a treat and the lunch that was included was satisfying. My husband, daughter and son said that swimming in the underground lake at the caverns was one of the best times they've ever experienced. And my son got a kick out of being able to drive the jeep.

Aside from being impressed with the cleanliness and beauty of the ship all of us were so thankful for the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff and crew. I'm sure it happens, but I did not meet anyone who was not smiling and willing to help. You do not find the kind of service with a smile we experienced all the time and it was refreshing.

Our steward, Carl, cleaned our room, twice a day and kept it well stocked. He, too, was very professional and conscientious.

While this was our first real cruise and we don't have anything to compare it too, we're sold on cruising and look forward to cruising again.

Thanks to all your staff and crew for a wonderful experience. I'm sure we'll sail with Carnival again in the future.

Pros: The cleanliness of the ship, our stateroom and all eating areas. When you spend as much time as we did in a contained area with as many people, cleanliness is a must.

Cons: I didn't like the taste of the water. At times, it tasted foul. I had to purchase water and often was unable to drink it during my meals.

Don't Miss: The Jeep and Caverns tour is a must do activity