Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

"Sunny side up!"

Sail Date: September 02, 2006

We recently sailed on the Carnival Inspiration out of Tampa, Florida. It was my second cruise on Carnival and my former husband's first!, and all I can say is "thank you Carnival!". . We really like Carnival's style, service, and innovative ships, and the Inspiration, even though an older ship, did not disappoint. We loved all the nightlife options. The shows were great but we really enjoyed the new late nite adult comedy presentation in the Paris Lounge. A variety of live music everywhere you turned was exceptional - and that Casino (and yes! I did win at black jack!). Felt like a totally different night out, every single night. The new sushi bar and the almost nightly midnite buffets didn't hurt, either! Our stateroom was cozy and the bed inviting! Easy to unpack and felt like there was a place for everything. Overall we have to say the ship was really impressive, the staff was wonderful as always, and even if you've sailed on Carnival's Inspiration before, she's worth a second try. (By the way - former hubby and I enjoyed what started out as a "shipboard romance" - and are continuing back on shore what could turn out to be a more permanent commitment - THANK YOU CARNIVAL!)

Pros: Everything from the elaborate meals served in the formal dining room, buckets of beer on the pool deck, to the "towel" animals on our bed each nite (yes! mints were included!) - this was a really great cruise bargain

Cons: too many activities to choose from - by the time my "friend" and I got acclamated to the pace - the cruise was half way over! What an incentive to go back for more at a later date!