Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review

In all, I was quite disappointed with my Carnival cruise on the Inspiration to the Western Caribbean. For the entire trip, I was uncomfortable. Most of the time spent on the ship was a bore. One of three destinations was a bomb. The costs aboard were much more than I expected. The one thing that made my time aboard the Inspiration the most uncomfortable was that the air conditioning was freezing. Thinking I would be in the warm weather of the Caribbean, I brought only bathing suits, shorts, and dresses. Luckily, I brought one sweater for the plane ride there. I wore that sweater every day on the ship, hugging myself for warmth. I was not alone, many others complained of the same thing. The first two days aboard, it rained, leaving everyone to rely on the ship's activities to keep busy. Many things were held in the Paris Lounge. I attended a show and bingo. The entire time I was in there, all I heard was one sales pitch after another: sales in the shops, bingo, gambling, health spa services, etc. How annoying! The remainder of the time, I steered clear of the Paris Lounge. In the dining room, the menus offered a wide variety of foods, from simple to exotic. It was hard to choose sometimes. However, most of the food was so bland. They offered wonderful fish selections, but none had a hint of seasoning. What a shame! Never the less, dinner was one of my favorite times aboard. The best part was the presentation - first class all the way! The sushi bar offered was a pleasant surprise. High tea was also a peaceful retreat. The majority of the food served elsewhere throughout the ship was mediocre. I was very disappointed with the 24 hour pizza parlor - all dough, no sauce, few toppings. Bar drinks were small and expensive. Service aboard was, for the most part, very good. After talking to other guests, I discovered we had the worst waiter in the dining room, though. Everyone else's knew their names, knew what they drank, how they wanted their meat cooked, etc. Ours never said hi, never learned our names, never spoke to us unless he had to, and we never even knew we could get something other than water or bar drinks with our meal. All the others sounded wonderful! The service in the other dining areas and at the bars was great. Never a problem. Our room steward was great, for lack of a better word. We weren't the neatest guests. He was very patient and worked around our belongings. The animals folded from towels provided for a fun surprise nightly. Every time we saw him walking down the hall, he greeted us with a huge smile. A far cry from our server! Now for the room critique. It was large enough. However, the air quality was so horrible, all three of us got sick with chest colds. One in my party got so bad she went to the infirmary. The doctor confirmed it was, indeed, the air quality that antagonized the condition. Another in our trio kept discovering bug bites on her body, though neither of the other two had them, until one night, I slept in her bed. I awoke with 3 of them. Sherwin changed out the mattress and lines right away, though. The TV in the room provided little entertainment. The same 2 movies repeated. On another channel was footage from the Paris Lounge (as stated above, you can see why I wouldn't watch that). In the bathroom, there was a basket of samples: razors, mints, shampoo, conditioner, etc. This was a nice touch. Storage space surprisingly seemed to be plenty for 3 women. Onto something positive for a change. The decks, pools and Jacuzzis were nice. I enjoyed them whenever possible. Towels were readily available, bar servers were abundant, and the areas were very clean. One downfall, the topless sunbathing deck. I was pleased to see there was one, but once up there, I discovered it was a free peep show to the men whose wives were sleeping or gambling. Men should not be allowed up there without a female accompanying them.