Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review

We had a very serious problem on the Inspiration. Someone got sick and instead of taking her out by helicopter or taking her to the mexican coast( 2 hours away), they turned the ship and went 20 hours to Key West. Then there was no place to port and we stayed in the Gulf looking at Key West for four hours. Then they made us stay another eight hours there before returning 20 hours to where we started. There were 52 hours wasted with no apology or compensation.We went to the purser's desk and asked to use their "GUARANTEE" and get off at the first port and return to New Orleans. They told us we would have to wait until Grand Caymen. They said we would have to pay our airfare back to New Orleanns and we would not be reimbursed. I went to the room and got their brochure and showed it to them but they still refused to honor it. Please see the message board, there is another complaint about them not honoring their guarantee. At Key West, I wrote my travel agent about it. She called Carnival and Dallas Gory called me back from Carnival. I told her about what had happened and she apologized and said we would get a letter stating we would be compensated. When it came it was for 10% off on a future cruise. I thought it was a mistake and called them back. I was rudely told that the guarantee is not good after you return, that you have to use it while on the boat. They knew I had tried several times and had even mailed the letter to my travel agent while the trip was in its second day. They just got more angry and abusive toward me. I also put it in wiring and turned it into the purser the 2nd day. They did nothing. Our trip was ruined after we tried to use the guarantee because we knew we had been lied to and cheated. The best part of the trip was returing home. This was our first cruise. We took it for our 13th wedding anniversary. We had been so excited. We booked it in January and waited almost a year to go. I don't think I have ever been more disappointed in anything. The food was good and the exercise room was very nice. The Las Vegas Show was great but we had the late seating and they were so slow in the dining room that we missed a lot and had to stand in the back. We were very uncomfortable. The Grand Caymen port was cut short in time because one of the workers (Inn) did not send us at 8 am.(We left the ship one hour late.) He was busy belittling a co-worker and calling him a liar in front of all of us. The guide had been waiting for one hour and our stingray city guide was shortened. The stingrays were wonderful -- even though we only got to stay 30 minutes. No time to shop because of this we had to hurry back to the ship tender. The cruise director was very nice. He was informative and very funny.