Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review

First Time Cruise

This was our first cruise, which we took on this route in May 2002, when the ship was Carnival Sensation. They have now changed the ship, but I`m sure it will be just as good. Set sail from Tampa. Didnt know what to expect as we had booked a special deal where they just guarantee you a stateroom, but you dont know where. Got a seaview stateroom on Riverira deck. Theres not much difference between the rooms anywhere. We were very happy with them. Alcholic drinks cost quite a bit, so we stuck to the free soft drinks for most of the time. Slept well the first night which I was very suprised. Got to Grand Cayman very early 6am. Take the tour - its well worth it. Got to Mexico. First time there as well. Go on a tour a bit commercial so also try to see around for yourself. Drink is cheap! People are nice, but Mexico is very poor if you get beneath surface. Off to New Orleans. What can I say - fantistic. Eat out. 7 days seems so short when theres so much to do on boat and on shore. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did. PS The age range on board is pretty mixed. Youll feel at home in your 20s as much as in your 60s. We`re in 40s. If you want any more info let me know.