Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Honeymoon cruise ruined

Sail Date: November 01, 2009

I am a first time cruiser and my family and friends who have gone multiple times before, told me how accommodating everyone was so I guess I expected too much and was disappointed by the absolute no I received every time I asked a question. Such as we booked everything through including the flight, and my luggage did not make it to our last stop before boarding the ship. Our flight was not delayed and our one layover was 2 hours, so they had plenty of time to put my luggage on the plane. We were told there were stores on the ship by the cruise people who picked us up at the airport and we found out there was only one store once we boarded. And the store did not have underwear or womens swim suits. There were swim suits for men. What if I pre-paid for an excursion I needed a swim suit for? We would have shopped before boarding for necessities like underwear. If there is a next time we will go a day before or book our own flight so we have time to shop before boarding.

Pros: 24 hour pizza and ice cream

Cons: no luggage until day 3 of 5

Recommends Carnival Inspiration? No.

The watch your step signs could have been larger. I tripped at least once a day somewhere due to the signs being small and on the ground. Maybe they should be on the door. I thought by the end of the trip I would know where I was and where I was going, but the only map was by the elevators. Maybe one should be included with your daily flyer on what events are going on that day. Some places were hard to find, our deck level for example had 3 names, a letter, a number and a name. I did not like the multiple places people were able to smoke. I thought there should be one place so I would not to walk through a smoky room to get somewhere. I would definitely cruise on a smoke free ship if they ever make one.
We did not get to the dining room until the 3rd day due to not having my luggage and flip flops were not allowed per the dress code on dress up night. We asked what was served during dress up night and we were told steak and lobster. I asked if I could get mine tonight and they said no. Did someone eat mine yesterday? We were assigned a table for 10 people and we were the only couple assigned to it. We booked out cruise 6 months in advance so I would think other couples traveling would be assigned to our table first. Being the only ones at our table I was surprised we had to ask for water. We were never offered wine either. Dont set a glass there if it wont be served. We ate at the buffet area most of the trip. The fruit was gross. If it wasnt mushy, it tasted funny.
We got the balcony room and if we ever cruise again we will get it again. Being able to watch sunrises and sunsets from the balcony was wonderful. Our TV did not work and we called multiple times after they claimed it was fixed. The pillow was too soft. I needed to use a rolled up towel so I would not have a stiff neck in the morning. We had dirty glasses in the bathroom the first day. The couch opened when you sat on it.

Due to not having my luggage I went to the spa/salon for a comb for my hair and they said they didnt have any. I offered to buy one and they said no and that they could not help me. Our steward was the only helpful person on the ship. I was told by Guest Services I would not get my luggage until after noon the day we got to the 1st port and that wasnt a promise; however we needed to be back on the ship by 2pm that day. We saw our steward and told him what we were told. We landed at 8am at the port and our steward brought it at 8:30am! I think the breakdown of the mandatory $10 per day, per person, tip should go more to the steward than the dining staff. We only ate in there one day. You use your stewards service regardless, but you dont necessarily use the dining staff if you eat somewhere else.
We missed the first 2 nights events due to me needed to wash my underwear each night so they would dry before morning. Laundry was a 2 day service. We went to one event that was supposed to start at 1pm. It didnt start until after 2pm and we wanted to get to another event for 3pm. It was advertised as free champagne and it was not served until after 2pm. We missed dress up night and I love pictures, we took over 800 of our own. We would have bought more professional pictures if we were able to go. We were given a discount on a dress to rent, however there were no shoes, and I was unable to do anything with my hair. If a discount was given at the spa I would have bought more professional pictures.
I saw more children than I wanted to, however after finding out how many were on the ship I think they did a pretty good job of keeping them out of the adult areas. However there was a child screaming and running down our hallway one night late after we had gone to bed. Maybe there should be a separate section for people traveling with children. There also must have been children above our room, but people were jumping up and down in the room above us I thought they would come through the ceiling.