Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Little more than basics.

Sail Date: February 23, 2009

This ship was VERY clean, but it felt small/closed-in and had a VERY confusing layout. There were maps available, but we didn't find that out until the end of day 2! If this was my first cruise and had nothing to compare, however, I would think it was fine. Dinners were good, but overall the food was no better than you could get at a mid-priced restaurant at home. There were some service issues (see below), but overall the people were VERY nice. Check out "Barry" at the piano bar--HYSTERICAL!!!!!

Pros: Fellow cruisers

Cons: The food was mediocre and there were some service problems

Recommends Carnival Inspiration? No.

I enjoyed the evening entertainment, but didn't find anything interesting for a 40-something to do during the day, so I napped or laid on the deck.
Ship was VERY clean, but it felt small and the layout was VERY confusing, even for someone with a good sense of direction!
Sit-down dinners were fine (especially the melting chocolate cake!), but the breakfast and lunch buffets were mediocre at best. Same choices day after day.
What I expected.
Our dinner servers and room steward were great, but the service desk employees were not always helpful. Misplaced my camera and he only said, "Sorry." I had to ask him to take my room # in case it turned up, then another crew member recommended he check in the back--VOILA! There was my camera. When I tried to show him a picture of me at "formal dinner" to prove it was my camera, he said, "THAT'S YOU???" I was HIGHLY offended. Also, they were pushing the pictures and drinks WAY TOO HARD! Very overwhelming.
George Town, Grand Cayman
You HAVE to go to Stingray City! I booked an excursion through Captain Bryan's and they were VERY professional, helpful, educated us about the stingrays, had a smaller sailboat (catamaran) that had fewer people than the cruise excursion "cattle boats," and provided food to feed them. They took pics of us holding the stingrays and kissing them for good luck. These little creatures are GREAT and very friendly!!!! We then went to two other snorkeling sites and had plenty of time at each. The best part: it cost only $39 instead of the $69 through the ship!!!
Don't Miss: STINGRAY CITY!!!!
Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! The shopping district was full of sculptures, fountains, and flowers. I went to the adventure park for zip-lines, rock climbing towers, and various other "high wire" activities, then went snorkeling. Felt a little herded, but it all culminated in free drink (I chose a margarita and it was STRONG!).
Don't Miss: If you like a good strong drink, don't miss FAT TUESDAYS! But be warned, they are STRONG!!!