Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A cruise to remember

Sail Date: January 03, 2009

I would only recommend this ship to some if they are getting a good deal. This was my first time on a Carnival ship and was expecting a little more. I now know that there are better ships in the Carnival Fleet. For example, at port we saw the Destiny from afar and were impressed at the size compared to the Inspiration. I traveled with my husband and family/friends and we had a good time overall, but learned a few things for next time.

Pros: The food and the dinner waitstaff. The ship was clean and inviting. Our room was comfortable.

Cons: Our Steward and Maitre'de were both horrible. The ship was small, only one small pool, and a few hot tubs. Public areas were always crowded.

Recommends Carnival Inspiration? No.

It wasn't the best or the worst, but was good enough. It was clean, a little tacky in decor (like most ships), small, and crowded.
The could have been more activities planned. It seemed like the only thing going on was gambling or drinking.
The food was exceptional. The buffet is always open and there were always many things to choose from at dinner. It seemed like I was always eating!! There was some many good items to schoose from, and you could have as much as you wanted!!
Everything was clean and comfortable. A little bit of a 'old' smell to the cabin, but we got used to it fast. The size was actually bigger than I though it would be and I would recommend getting the oceanview because it make the room feel even bigger with he natural light... plus the sights right from the room are good too!
Except for our Stward and Maitre'de. Our Steward, Charles, was rude and not very friendly. He even yelled at us for calling and asking for our towels that he had forgotten to replace. Our maitre'de, Wilson, never even formally intuduced himself. It seemed like his only job was to intrupt us on the PA with the announcement, which were hard to even understand through his thick accent. Then he wanted us to tip him at the end of the cruise!
We didn't see much of Cozumel, instead we took the Mayan Ruins of Tulum tour, which took all day. It was amazing! Well worth the money. Our tour guide, Angel, was the best. He share a lot of history, information, and even photographs about the Ancient Mayan people. There was a beach to relax on and plenty of places to buy suveniors. It was a really great time! I hope to go back to see Cozumel someday soon!
Don't Miss: Mayan Ruins of Tulum
George Town, Grand Cayman
We took the Reef 'n' Rays Tour with the Don Foster group. It was incredible. Our guide was so informative and had a good sense of humor. He made sure to talk to each person to get their opinion of the tour. I would highly recommend this tour; we saw a ton of fish and lots of stingrays. Others in our group went on the Shipreck/reef snorkle. They said even though the sights were good, their tour guide wasn't.
Don't Miss: Reef 'n' Rays Tour (Don Foster's)