Happily Surprised !!!

Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Sail Date: December 01, 2008
Ship: Carnival Inspiration
The staff made this cruise! The ship is older, and honestly, one of the worst laid out ships I have ever been on. To go from one side of the ship to another often required changing floors at least once. That being said, I would cruise this ship again! The staff seemed to genuinly want to make us happy. They seemed to think of it as a goal to get a smile at each encounter! Only real complaint is the day we arrived at Grand Caymen we were 1 hour late. Not a big deal if we leave late, but we left on time.... would not have been a big deal, but day was supposed to be 8-3. Arrived at 9. Because of rough water, first bunch ferried to shore about 10 am. At 3:01 we were moving away from the island. We had to be on the tender to the ship by 2 pm. Yep 4 hours on the island for what should have been a 7 hour day. Still had fun though.

Food was good, but the dining room service was GREAT !!! !!!

Nighttime entertainment was good and varied.

No kids myself, but the trip I was on had 600+ kids on it. You rarely saw kids playing in the halls or bugging their parents. On that alone, I rate them excellent. If you want to know what the kids themselves thought, see another review.

One of the friendliest staffs EVER! Been on 10 cruises, this staff is the best!

Ship is older... not as many of the "modern toys". Also, as an older set up, I sometimes felt like a rat in a maze to get from one side of the ship to another.

Small room like any cruise, but somehow it felt more spacious then most. Bed was VERY comfortable! NEVER said that about a cruise ship before!

Pros: Service

Cons: Getting to Port late

Recommends Carnival Inspiration? Yes!