A great first cruise....esp w/ kids!
Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western
Cabin Type: Inside
Traveled As: Family (young children)
Reviewed: 8 years ago
Review SummaryThis was our first cruise and we had a great time. Went with several family members for the Christmas holiday together (instead of presents). Since I am not used to people catering to my family and I, it was SO nice not to clean rooms, make beds, and be able to eat whenever we wanted and what we wanted.
I was amazed by our wait staff (Kato and Hachik) in the Carnivale lounge....absolutely amazing....as was our room steward (I can't remember his name though!).
I have two kids that are about 6 years apart and they had things to keep them both busy. We asked the kids if they would go again and they said absolutely with no hesitation.
I was nervous about sending my kids to Camp Carnival but they were always having a great time when they went and everything was always on the "up-and-up." For those of you that have an ADHD child, I have one as well and I had no issues while he was in their care.....and he was never bored either at Camp Carnival or on the ship.
What I would do differently on my next cruise:
- Take walkie talkies to be able to find family on boat easier.
- Take less pop/water with us (we really did not drink that much of it).
- Take a few more dressier clothes and an extra bathing suit.
- Take shoes that will fit the dining room attire (no one ever said that we were out of line...but I felt that we were sometimes.)
- Take a lanyard with a card holder at the end for the kids to carry their Sign and Sail card in.
Food and Dining
A MUST! Have the Chocolate Warming Cake with two ice creams on the side (it comes with one but you will need a second because it is so rich).
Service and Staff
Cabin / Stateroom
Pros: All the things to do
Cons: Slight smell in the bathrooms