Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A great first cruise....esp w/ kids!

Sail Date: December 01, 2008

This was our first cruise and we had a great time. Went with several family members for the Christmas holiday together (instead of presents). Since I am not used to people catering to my family and I, it was SO nice not to clean rooms, make beds, and be able to eat whenever we wanted and what we wanted.

I was amazed by our wait staff (Kato and Hachik) in the Carnivale lounge....absolutely amazing....as was our room steward (I can't remember his name though!).

I have two kids that are about 6 years apart and they had things to keep them both busy. We asked the kids if they would go again and they said absolutely with no hesitation.
I was nervous about sending my kids to Camp Carnival but they were always having a great time when they went and everything was always on the "up-and-up." For those of you that have an ADHD child, I have one as well and I had no issues while he was in their care.....and he was never bored either at Camp Carnival or on the ship.

What I would do differently on my next cruise:
- Take walkie talkies to be able to find family on boat easier.
- Take less pop/water with us (we really did not drink that much of it).
- Take a few more dressier clothes and an extra bathing suit.
- Take shoes that will fit the dining room attire (no one ever said that we were out of line...but I felt that we were sometimes.)
- Take a lanyard with a card holder at the end for the kids to carry their Sign and Sail card in.

Pros: All the things to do

Cons: Slight smell in the bathrooms

Recommends Carnival Inspiration? Yes!

I saw at least two people a day scrubbing things with a toothbrush. Of course, that does not take into consideration the people that I saw on an hourly basis cleaning....day and night.
I thought the food was good to excellent. There were a few things that were luke warm....but overall a great selection. My kids loved the selection and they are not very pick kids.....but they will definitely be turning into cheese pizzas soon!

A MUST! Have the Chocolate Warming Cake with two ice creams on the side (it comes with one but you will need a second because it is so rich).
We had an inside room for four people. Small but I expected nothing less. I was not there for the room....I was there to do everything else. Kids liked the bunks and the towel animals...plus the cookies that were left on their bed for them one night.
It does not matter what job they had on the boat....employees always looked up while you were walking by and said HI or Good Morning/Afternoon. See notes above on our waiters....THE BEST! They even cut my kids pizzas for them and put ketchup on their plate!
I did not get a chance to go to many of the shows since we had kids. I was not sure if they would be okay for kids to see but most of them were so I would definitely take the kids to more shows in the future.
My kids had a great time at Camp Carnival.