Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great first Cruise

Sail Date: April 03, 2008

Room Type: Suite

Agent was helpful in describing rooms and helping us pick the one best for us. However, while we were not assigned a room as we were late in booking, we were guaranteed Empress Ocean View. We received Verandah with obstructed view balcony State Room V27. It was a great upgrade! Our balcony could see between the lifeboats. We could still see the shore and stars at night. A big person would have trouble with the small balcony. At 5'10" and 175 lbs I put my feet on the rail while sitting in my chair. Comfortable enough to fall asleep star gazing the first night.

Pros: Helpful Staff

Cons: No video of the major show part that include limited audience participation

Recommends Carnival Inspiration? No.

Being upgraded to a balcony on Verandah from Empress Ocean View I can not complain. Even with obstructed view.
The interior design was akin to a mid-level Las Vegas Hotel from the 70s or 80s. Size was adequate as I walked several miles a day up and down the decks exploring with no problem.
The food was good at our table of 9 in Mardi Gras. The Head Waitress was very helpful in selections, attentive and often called us by name.
It's not Las Vegas but it is good for a Cruise Ship. Better than I expected. I wish they were better timed around the meals though.
From the Lady who ushered us aboard for Embarkation, the State Room Stewart, Mardi Gras Waitress and Entertainment staff were great. Very caring to our every need- even those we did not know we needed.
We had not children with us. It was the tail end of Spring Break and a lot of Floridian Locals with Children were on the Cruise. Camp Carnival kept them fairly well out of the way.
We did the Tulum Ruins Tour with Sun & Fun Tours. The Guide Angel was very knowledgeable and informative. He had us stop at a small shop before Tulum Ruins. Comparing it to what we saw later at the ruins, this small shop was a excellent decision. The small shop off site had better quality and selection of local handicraft merchandise. At Tulum prices for statues were higher and quality of far lessor grades.
Don't Miss: Handiwork at the small shop a few miles down the road before the Tulum Ruins over those on site at the ruins parking lot.