Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A Great Vacation

Sail Date: May 01, 2007

The ship was very clean and definitely had a "fun ship" atmosphere. The Carnival employees were all great, and our cruise director Darcy was superb. I loved that the workout facility was in the bow of the boat and that there were windows everywhere so you could always see the beautiful ocean while exercising. Definitely try the slide - it is smooth and fast!
We went to Grand Cayman and Calica, Mexico. At Grand Cayman we took a taxi to the Public Beach (next to SeaGrape Beach, both are on 7 Mile Beach) and blew up floats that we bough at Wal-Mart and floated in the clear blue water. I LOVED Grand Cayman! At Calica (where you have to take an excursion, the port is merely a quarry site) we went to Xcaret and we were disappointed with that excursion, but still had a decent time.

Pros: Everything!

Cons: Nothing!

Recommends Carnival Inspiration? Yes!

The "Shout" show was very good, so was Tony Esposito (the 2nd comedian to perform on board). The "Welcome Aboard Show" was cheesy but okay. The Newlyweds game was hilarious. Overall, I was happy with the entertainment and activities. There were so many options I couldn't do everything I wanted to.
The only negative about this ship is that it is 11 years old and so some of the decor is dated, but other than that, it is kept up beautifully. It was always very clean and the size was also good. I never had a problem getting around the layout of the ship either. Do note though that it is getting dry docked in September for renovations.
The food was not quite on par with 5 star dining, but it was always very very good, and the service from the wait staff was always excellent. For the cost of the cruise I was beyond satisfied with my dining experience.
The bed was very comfortable (firm, but comfortable) and the stateroom was relatively large (with plenty of storage space) and there was also plenty of lighting. Bring a travel alarm clock and your own hair dryer because neither was provided in the stateroom. Also, bring a power strip because there was only 1 outlet for the entire room. We had an inside cabin which was perfect because we only used it for sleeping and getting ready. If you're a person that needs natural light to wake you up in the morning then these choose a cabin with a window.
The service was absolutely excellent. Everybody was friendly and willing to help. I have never had a better service experience anywhere.